Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Project isn't portable from windows to linux
Project isn't portable from windows to linux [message #21153] Tue, 05 May 2009 17:43 Go to next message
mingodad is currently offline  mingodad
I have one project on windows and I've added some files that I've copied to project source directory.

When copying the project directory from windows to linux and opening it, the files I've added manually it doesn't compile because the file added have the windows path hardcoded.

To compile I need to remove then and add again on linux.

Isn't supposed to be protable ?
Re: Project isn't portable from windows to linux [message #21154 is a reply to message #21153] Tue, 05 May 2009 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
domingoad wrote on Tue, 05 May 2009 11:43

I have one project on windows and I've added some files that I've copied to project source directory.

When copying the project directory from windows to linux and opening it, the files I've added manually it doesn't compile because the file added have the windows path hardcoded.

To compile I need to remove then and add again on linux.

Isn't supposed to be protable ?

If I understand the situation well: It is because you have added them the wrong way. They should be in package directory and added using "Insert package directory file(s)".

Hardcoded path is result of "Insert any file", which should be used only in special cases (but we do not want to prohibit it completely).

Mirek
Re: Project isn't portable from windows to linux [message #21221 is a reply to message #21153] Sun, 10 May 2009 09:07 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello domingoad

You know in Posix the paths are like:
/home/username/myUppProject

and in windows they are like:

c:\Documents ans Settings\username\myUppProject

If you want to include any file in the same drive a trick is to do it relatively to the folder where is your .upp file.

Imagine you have a file in c:\Documents ans Settings\username\otherfile. You could insert the file like:

../otherfile/myfile.cpp

This is not a matter of Upp. You have to enter the path in a portable way for Posix and windows.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
IƱaki
Previous Topic: the debugger
Next Topic: Are there any plans supporting Vector/Array/Map::operator[] during debug?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:21:22 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01319 seconds