Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Chameleon pushed to the limits....
Chameleon pushed to the limits.... [message #22361] Wed, 08 July 2009 11:28 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
This is not really news, because the development started in 2007 (and I was involved for about 6 months), but the product is now final and I guess it looks quite cool:

http://www.ederedv.at/solutions/gks.html
Re: Chameleon pushed to the limits.... [message #22362 is a reply to message #22361] Wed, 08 July 2009 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Really nice looking! The buttons are a little too big. Maybe it's for touch screen. And are those custom window borders or are they just simulated with a control with high Z-order?

Don't suppose you have access to the skin and can make it publically available? Razz
Re: Chameleon pushed to the limits.... [message #22363 is a reply to message #22362] Wed, 08 July 2009 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Wed, 08 July 2009 06:01

Really nice looking! The buttons are a little too big. Maybe it's for touch screen.

Yes, it is touch-screen app.

Quote:

And are those custom window borders or are they just simulated with a control with high Z-order?

Actually, everything is painted by U++, all "windows" are borderless popups. I guess that the window frame you see on screenshots are just because screenshots, normally it occupies the whole screen (OTOH, I have not seen the app for more than 1.5 years Smile

Quote:

Don't suppose you have access to the skin and can make it publically available? Razz

Nope. It is closed-source.

Mirek
Re: Chameleon pushed to the limits.... [message #22370 is a reply to message #22361] Wed, 08 July 2009 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

It looks quite cool. And I can see GridCtrl is used there Smile
Re: Chameleon pushed to the limits.... [message #22770 is a reply to message #22370] Thu, 13 August 2009 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Yes it is nice and professional.

Really I see ArrayCtrl and GridCtrl... Smile

Let me propose to have a complete control with the nice looking options of GridCtrl, but with the power of ArrayCtrl like Drag&Drop.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Chameleon pushed to the limits.... [message #22772 is a reply to message #22770] Thu, 13 August 2009 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

The interface is very thoughtful and beautiful.
Does the designer on this interface?

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: Chameleon pushed to the limits.... [message #22773 is a reply to message #22770] Thu, 13 August 2009 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

koldo wrote on Wed, 12 August 2009 18:00

Yes it is nice and professional.

Really I see ArrayCtrl and GridCtrl... Smile

Let me propose to have a complete control with the nice looking options of GridCtrl, but with the power of ArrayCtrl like Drag&Drop.

Best regards
Koldo

You're right. GridCtrl dosn't support currently "new" d&d api. I'm gonna fix this as soon as I finish my current project and docking ide Rolling Eyes
Re: Chameleon pushed to the limits.... [message #22775 is a reply to message #22772] Thu, 13 August 2009 14:58 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
sergeynikitin wrote on Thu, 13 August 2009 05:49

The interface is very thoughtful and beautiful.
Does the designer on this interface?

AFAIK, there were 2 people working on the design, and the one on screenshot is 3rd iteration...

Mirek
Previous Topic: Win 7 and TheIDE recompile
Next Topic: wiki
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:57:24 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01524 seconds