FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » about the license of Ultimate++
about the license of Ultimate++ [message #23211] Sun, 27 September 2009 07:38 Go to next message
LeiMing is currently offline  LeiMing
Promising Member

Hello, there.

at first sorry for my poor English.

I have used Ultimate++ to build program with GUI for about two weeks.
3 days ago I have publish a program (a name changer for a game, publish for free) build with Ultimate++ library and today I fix some bugs and re-upload it.
Just I found that I forgot to offer the BSD license that Ultimate++ uses with my program. Then I added it.

Then I found this statement in the license:
Quote:

This License does not apply to any software that links to the libraries provided by this software (statically or dynamically), but only to the software provided.

I am confused by the "links to the libraries provided by this software but only to the software provided". Would anyone tell me what I should do if I publish a program (commercial, free or open-sourced)? I'm not sure what I actually should do if I publish a program build with Ultimate++'s libraries.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
LeiMing
Re: about the license of Ultimate++ [message #23212 is a reply to message #23211] Sun, 27 September 2009 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
It means you may release your software under any license(commercial, free, open-source, etc) but you have to acknowledge somewhere that you've used U++ (About dialog, documentation or in a file distributed with your software). Would be nice if you provide a link to U++ site Smile
Re: about the license of Ultimate++ [message #23213 is a reply to message #23212] Mon, 28 September 2009 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LeiMing is currently offline  LeiMing
Promising Member

thanks for your reply.
Now I know what I should do if I publish a program build with ultimate++ library. since the license of ultimate++ is much longer than an acknowledge statement or ultimate++ site.
Re: about the license of Ultimate++ [message #23218 is a reply to message #23213] Tue, 29 September 2009 17:44 Go to previous message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
BTW, it would be nice to post a link to your app in the "Applications created with U++" category of this forum.
Previous Topic: wiki
Next Topic: Time to sing praises for MinGW and GCC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:20:30 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01263 seconds