Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » U++ program whose filename has Chinese word leaves logs after exit
U++ program whose filename has Chinese word leaves logs after exit [message #23223] Thu, 01 October 2009 04:22 Go to next message
LeiMing is currently offline  LeiMing
Promising Member

Hello.
I built a program with U++ and rename it with filename which has Chinese word.
After the program exits I found some log files left.
In the log files I knew that it's because U++ library can't remove it successfully.
I try to find the reason why it happens and I found the problem is that it fails to call DeleteFileW function.
This is the screen shot of OllyDBG. In the parameter of DeleteFileW the Chinese words become a series of "?".
index.php?t=getfile&id=1942&private=0
I though it's a bug. Would you please have a look at it?

And then, even if I knew the log files help to find bugs.
Is there anyway I can disable this feature of U++?
Because sometimes the operation of creating new files and deleting files is not expected.

Thanks.

Regards,
LeiMing

Platform:
Windows Vista 32bit Home Basic SP1 Simpified Chinese
Ultimate++ 1592
GCC (2 versions tested) :
Target: mingw32
Configured with: ../gcc-4.4.0/configure --prefix=/mingw --build=mingw32 --enable
-languages=c,ada,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --disable-nls --disable-win32-registry
--disable-werror --enable-threads --disable-symvers --enable-cxx-flags='-fno-fu
nction-sections -fno-data-sections' --enable-fully-dynamic-string --enable-libgo
mp --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-sjlj-exceptions --with-pkgver
sion='TDM-1 mingw32' --with-bugurl=http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/bugs.php
Thread model: win32
gcc version 4.4.0 (TDM-1 mingw32)
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: ../gcc-3.4.5/configure --with-gcc --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as -
-host=mingw32 --target=mingw32 --prefix=/mingw --enable-threads --disable-nls --
enable-languages=c,c++,f77,ada,objc,java --disable-win32-registry --disable-shar
ed --enable-sjlj-exceptions --enable-libgcj --disable-java-awt --without-x --ena
ble-java-gc=boehm --disable-libgcj-debug --enable-interpreter --enable-hash-sync
hronization --enable-libstdcxx-debug
gcc version 3.4.5 (mingw special)
  • Attachment: pic1.jpg
    (Size: 222.18KB, Downloaded 586 times)
Re: U++ program whose filename has Chinese word leaves logs after exit [message #23224 is a reply to message #23223] Thu, 01 October 2009 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
LeiMing wrote on Wed, 30 September 2009 22:22

Hello.
I built a program with U++ and rename it with filename which has Chinese word.
After the program exits I found some log files left.
In the log files I knew that it's because U++ library can't remove it successfully.
I try to find the reason why it happens and I found the problem is that it fails to call DeleteFileW function.
This is the screen shot of OllyDBG. In the parameter of DeleteFileW the Chinese words become a series of "?".
index.php?t=getfile&id=1942&private=0
I though it's a bug. Would you please have a look at it?

And then, even if I knew the log files help to find bugs.
Is there anyway I can disable this feature of U++?
Because sometimes the operation of creating new files and deleting files is not expected.

Thanks.

Regards,
LeiMing

Platform:
Windows Vista 32bit Home Basic SP1 Simpified Chinese
Ultimate++ 1592
GCC (2 versions tested) :
Target: mingw32
Configured with: ../gcc-4.4.0/configure --prefix=/mingw --build=mingw32 --enable
-languages=c,ada,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --disable-nls --disable-win32-registry
--disable-werror --enable-threads --disable-symvers --enable-cxx-flags='-fno-fu
nction-sections -fno-data-sections' --enable-fully-dynamic-string --enable-libgo
mp --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-sjlj-exceptions --with-pkgver
sion='TDM-1 mingw32' --with-bugurl=http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/bugs.php
gcc version 4.4.0 (TDM-1 mingw32)
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: ../gcc-3.4.5/configure --with-gcc --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as -
-host=mingw32 --target=mingw32 --prefix=/mingw --enable-threads --disable-nls --
enable-languages=c,c++,f77,ada,objc,java --disable-win32-registry --disable-shar
ed --enable-sjlj-exceptions --enable-libgcj --disable-java-awt --without-x --ena
ble-java-gc=boehm --disable-libgcj-debug --enable-interpreter --enable-hash-sync
hronization --enable-libstdcxx-debug
gcc version 3.4.5 (mingw special)

What is in the .log? What is the filename of the these logs?

Normally, .log is not created in non-debug mode. Are you in compiling in Optimal?

Well, normally, .log is not created in debug mode either, unless you have some LOGs or DUMPs or something in your code. But sometimes some debug logs in u++ are forgotten (a bug).

Mirek
Re: U++ program whose filename has Chinese word leaves logs after exit [message #23225 is a reply to message #23224] Thu, 01 October 2009 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Ah, I can see it is usrlog.

Well, encoding problem aside (have to look into it), this one should not be created unless you call

ActivateUsrLog()

somewhere...

Mirek
Re: U++ program whose filename has Chinese word leaves logs after exit [message #23234 is a reply to message #23225] Fri, 02 October 2009 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member

I have never heard of that function and I think I have not used that function.
the source code of that package has only some 60 lines of code.
I have upload it here. build it and rename the exe file to "Òþ²ØÅ̹ÜÀíÆ÷.exe" then run it. click the X up-right directly and then some files come out.

but if I keep the filename no Chinese word, the log files will not come out.

Hope I have thrown light on it.

Regards,
LeiMing

edit:
now I also upload the exe and logs.
please feel free to delete it to save space after usage.
  • Attachment: hiddisk.7z
    (Size: 1.40KB, Downloaded 195 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 02 October 2009 11:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: U++ program whose filename has Chinese word leaves logs after exit [message #23238 is a reply to message #23234] Fri, 02 October 2009 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Thanks, fixed.

Mirek
Re: U++ program whose filename has Chinese word leaves logs after exit [message #23239 is a reply to message #23238] Fri, 02 October 2009 11:32 Go to previous message
Promising Member

You're welcome.
Thanks for your work.
Then I'll delete the attachment of exe and log to save forum's space.
Previous Topic: U++ core app as DLL: memory manager problems?
Next Topic: starting console app hidden
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:23:38 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01305 seconds