Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Bug? My button skin images are zoomed with AA (unlike when using the default skins)
Bug? My button skin images are zoomed with AA (unlike when using the default skins) [message #23394] Fri, 16 October 2009 13:26 Go to next message
softcoder is currently offline  softcoder
Hi there!

I think I've found a bug. Chameleon treats IML images differently depending on if they were copied via clipboard or not. If they were copied via clipboard, they're zoom with antialising so even copies of normal buttons look awful.
Some tech info: UPP1517, MSC9, WinXP

Try the following short steps to see what I mean:

1. Copy the Chameleon directory from the reference directory to your MyApps directory (just to be sure that the original files won't be changed).
2. Compile and execute the program. Remember what the button with label "Image" looks like. Quit the program.
3. In the IML editor you see four images, one for each state of the button, named with B, Bh, Bp and Bd. Now do these steps for each of these images:
3a. Copy (to clipboard).
3b. Insert from clipboard. Use names e.g. like C, Ch, Cp and Cd for the copies.
Then make sure that the order is correct like C, Ch, Cp, Cd, B, Bh, Bp, Bd. The easiest is if the copies are the first images. Otherwise you would have to change "MyButtonImg::Get(i)" in line 63 accordingly.
4. Compile and execute the program again and compare the image button.

The strange thing is that this problem doesn't occur if I use duplicate in the IML editor. But that doesn't help me because I actually want to edit the images in other image editors.

TIA

softcoder

PS: Of course I used the search function of this forum but I couldn't find anything suitable.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 October 2009 13:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug? My button skin images are zoomed with AA (unlike when using the default skins) [message #23395 is a reply to message #23394] Fri, 16 October 2009 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Did you try turning on the hotspots before copy. I doubt that when you copy you copy the hotspot positions also, because the format must be readable by other programs and default formats do not have the concept of image hotspots. When you create the new image and paste the graphic, it will have its hotspots put in the default location (0, 0) and this will change the shape of the image once it is rendered.
To activate the hotspot display, press H in the image editor or use the toolbar.
Re: Bug? My button skin images are zoomed with AA (unlike when using the default skins) [message #23396 is a reply to message #23395] Fri, 16 October 2009 15:29 Go to previous message
softcoder is currently offline  softcoder
cbpporter wrote on Fri, 16 October 2009 15:14

Did you try turning on the hotspots before copy. I doubt that when you copy you copy the hotspot positions also, because the format must be readable by other programs and default formats do not have the concept of image hotspots. When you create the new image and paste the graphic, it will have its hotspots put in the default location (0, 0) and this will change the shape of the image once it is rendered.
To activate the hotspot display, press H in the image editor or use the toolbar.

Thank you very much! You gave me the right hint!

For me it seems like this hotspot-things also isn't copied within the IML editor when using the clipboard. But I moved the hotspot to the correct pixel with my mouse and now it works!

softcoder
Previous Topic: ChGtk menu fix
Next Topic: Spinner controls a bit off?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:20:14 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01773 seconds