Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » How to mix use widgets and win32 window in u++?
How to mix use widgets and win32 window in u++? [message #24109] Sun, 27 December 2009 02:45 Go to next message
uncodelite is currently offline  uncodelite
Promising Member
Hello all,

I try to combine u++ widgets and vim, so I need to create a application which mix use widgets and win32 window like vim editor windowŁ¬in detailsŁ¬the application has a splitter, and two panels, the left panel will be a tree (for example, project tree), and the right panel will be a win32 window (like vim editor window, which created by CreateWindow() win32 API).

The reason is that the win32 window is a self-respond-system, it is well done to respond all the message, like WM_PAINT, WM_KEY, ..., and I want to reuse the the source code.

Can anyone tell me how to do this work?

Best regards,
uncodelite

Re: How to mix use widgets and win32 window in u++? [message #24110 is a reply to message #24109] Sun, 27 December 2009 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
uncodelite wrote on Sat, 26 December 2009 20:45

Hello all,

I try to combine u++ widgets and vim, so I need to create a application which mix use widgets and win32 window like vim editor windowŁ¬in detailsŁ¬the application has a splitter, and two panels, the left panel will be a tree (for example, project tree), and the right panel will be a win32 window (like vim editor window, which created by CreateWindow() win32 API).

The reason is that the win32 window is a self-respond-system, it is well done to respond all the message, like WM_PAINT, WM_KEY, ..., and I want to reuse the the source code.

Can anyone tell me how to do this work?

Best regards,
uncodelite

There is "DHCtrl" widget that is intended just right for this use - it allows you to embed "native" widgets (those with window handle HWND) into U++ parents (note that U++ widgets do not have HWND).

Mirek
Re: How to mix use widgets and win32 window in u++? [message #24114 is a reply to message #24109] Sun, 27 December 2009 11:25 Go to previous message
uncodelite is currently offline  uncodelite
Promising Member
Hi Mirek, it works, thank you.
Previous Topic: AutoScroller code snippet here
Next Topic: How to get an "OnParentOpen" in a control
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:03:57 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01136 seconds