Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » Using TheIDE for non-upp development
Using TheIDE for non-upp development [message #1932] Tue, 28 March 2006 00:58 Go to next message
aroman is currently offline  aroman
Promising Member

I'm interested in using TheIDE for development for a separate project not using UPP. In particular, I want to use Assist++. However, I cannot modify most of the source directories that contain the codebase I'm working in. Is there any way to get TheIDE to parse headers files for other directories?

- Augusto
Re: Using TheIDE for non-upp development [message #1937 is a reply to message #1932] Tue, 28 March 2006 11:22 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
aroman wrote on Mon, 27 March 2006 17:58

I'm interested in using TheIDE for development for a separate project not using UPP. In particular, I want to use Assist++. However, I cannot modify most of the source directories that contain the codebase I'm working in. Is there any way to get TheIDE to parse headers files for other directories?

- Augusto

Current version of Assist++ is limited to parsing files present in active packages only.

Another (serious) limitation is that macro definitions are simply ignored.

I hope to remove some of these limitations in next parser iteration (but there is a lot of things to invent, to keep Assist++ as fast as it is now).

Means the best thing you can try now is to add your external headers to some package to get them parser. You can also try to extend "Ignore list" - list of keywords (macros) that are removed from the input stream.

Mirek
Previous Topic: ide and CodeEditor - customizable syntaxes file [FEATURE REQUEST]
Next Topic: Named Code Highlight schemes... [FEATURE REQUEST]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:48:02 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04126 seconds