Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » Newbie corner?
Newbie corner? [message #24227] Wed, 06 January 2010 19:35 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Should we add one?
icon14.gif  Re: Newbie corner? [message #24232 is a reply to message #24227] Wed, 06 January 2010 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi,

I vote YES Thumbs Up
It would be nice to have some "landing spot" for Upp beginners somewhere on the top of forums page. When I started to use Upp it often took quite a lot of thinking to determine to which category post my questions. Also some of the questions are not about any particular Ctrl or topic but about Upp itself, basic concepts etc.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Newbie corner? [message #24235 is a reply to message #24232] Wed, 06 January 2010 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Yes. Good idea.

It would have to be in a clear place.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Newbie corner? [message #24270 is a reply to message #24235] Fri, 08 January 2010 12:26 Go to previous message
MAD!C is currently offline  MAD!C
Promising Member
well, i guess it would lower the "should i bother the experts with those newbish questions" barrier - at least i felt this way...

doesn´t mean to encourage noise, but it would be a proper place for initial messages like "hi i am johndoe, my background is blah, and now i try hard but got those issues a) b) c)"... which usually wouldn´t fit in one category, absolutely right.

also a fine place to stick in some hints how clocks are ticking in this community.

greets!
Previous Topic: Going to merge changelog with news....
Next Topic: Domains registered, new website should be on within 24 hours
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:08:48 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02008 seconds