Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...)
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #26449 is a reply to message #26442] Mon, 03 May 2010 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

Thanx! Smile

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #27061 is a reply to message #26449] Thu, 24 June 2010 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

Russian translation of Overview page is completed!

{
}
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #27062 is a reply to message #27061] Thu, 24 June 2010 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

I propose to change mechanism of describe bazaar packages (and example packages).

I tried to translate the page Bazar and faced with a challenge: List of packages rather variable.

I propose following solution.
If someone experienced - The description of the Linux applications are stored in files ".desktop"

Here is a small piece of this file:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=gitg
Name[da]=gitg
Name[es]=gitg
Name[fr]=gitg
Name[gl]=gitg
Name[nl]=gitg
Name[pa]=gitg
Name[sv]=gitg
Comment=Git repository browser
Comment[da]=Arkivbrowseren Git
Comment[es]=Examinador de repositorios Git
Comment[fr]=Butineur de dépôt Git
Comment[gl]=Examinador de repositorios Git
Comment[nl]=Git repository bekijker
Exec=gitg %U
TryExec=gitg
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=gitg48x48.png
Categories=GNOME;GTK;Development;RevisionControl;
#X-GNOME-DocPath=gitg/gitg.xml

As you can see, and the package name and description - multilingual.
I also propose to modify the format of the package definition - file package-name.upp format using the same idea.

And then the list of packages Bazaar can also be automated (as Examples) and the list can keep always up to date regardless of the chosen language.

{
}
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #27063 is a reply to message #27062] Thu, 24 June 2010 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Sergey

I think it is a great idea.

A possible shortcut is to consider an .upp file someway similar to a .lay regarding to internacionalization.

I mean, the message in .upp could be sent to the .t file when "Synchronize translation files".

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #27064 is a reply to message #27062] Thu, 24 June 2010 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

sergeynikitin wrote on Thu, 24 June 2010 07:49

I also propose to modify the format of the package definition - file package-name.upp format using the same idea.

Hi Sergey,
It seems like an interesting idea. I think the description field in .upp files could be modified to store language specific strings. Application name is the same as the package directory name, so it would be a bit more complex and it is also not that important, but still possible.

BUT... The main problem I see wit this proposal is the translation. No author knows all the languages, so he can't translate those descriptions by himself. A translator for given language could do that, but than he would have to have access to all the bazaar packages. Another option would be to submit each translated description to the package author separately, which would be tedious...

Honza

EDIT: I agree with Koldo, his solution is much better, I didn't see it before I sent my post Wink One global .t file for bazaar packages located in uppweb would solve all the trouble.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 June 2010 08:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #27066 is a reply to message #24600] Thu, 24 June 2010 08:57 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I think it would be then ok to give everyone permissions to change .upp files, just like we can change .tpp now.

Or maybe add some .uppt where only translation strings would be stored. (although generally I don't like clutter of project directories with obscure automated files (hey "init", did you hear me? Smile ))
Previous Topic: Videos in U++ web
Next Topic: Do we need some restriction for new users due to...?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:31:43 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01066 seconds