Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...)
Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #24600] Mon, 25 January 2010 14:13 Go to next message
Sc0rch is currently offline  Sc0rch

Let's start here...
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #24604 is a reply to message #24600] Mon, 25 January 2010 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

Another question, how realistic do on site www.ultimatepp.org Russian menu on the left, if the person switched to the Russian language in the articles?

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #24606 is a reply to message #24600] Mon, 25 January 2010 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

if Overview translated, I'll translate "Examples"...
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #24616 is a reply to message #24600] Mon, 25 January 2010 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hmm, uppbox generates examples-page using the packages, so I can't change examples' info (any thoughts how to deal with that?). Well, I've translated what I can (including HelloWorld example).

Best regards and sorry for my English.
Anton.
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #24628 is a reply to message #24616] Mon, 25 January 2010 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Quote:

Hmm, uppbox generates examples-page using the packages, so I can't change examples' info (any thoughts how to deal with that?). Well, I've translated what I can (including HelloWorld example).

Hello Sc0rch

The subject is not to translate pages, it is to insert new pages that are translations of older and are linked to them and to main web hyperlink web in a nice way.

One example is in new Bazaar page. Read the documentation and tell me what do you think.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #24635 is a reply to message #24628] Tue, 26 January 2010 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

koldo wrote on Tue, 26 January 2010 03:56

The subject is not to translate pages, it is to insert new pages that are translations of older and are linked to them and to main web hyperlink web in a nice way.

Hello Koldo,

As I'm doing now, =) This evening, I'll try upload ru-pages to SVN with help of someone. P.S. Just inserting translated pages, not overwriting.
koldo wrote on Tue, 26 January 2010 03:56

One example is in new Bazaar page. Read the documentation and tell me what do you think.

Sorry, I'm new here. I have no idea where Bazaar is new, and where it is old, =) What kind of documentation / example?

Best regards,
Anton
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #24704 is a reply to message #24635] Thu, 28 January 2010 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hey Smile

A web page in Russian !

http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$overview$ru-ru.html

Do not you think that we may do it in more languages ?

(Why not in your language)

Perhaps not all the documentation, but at least the:

- Index (home page)
- Overview
- Comparisons
- Download

and of course Smile
- Funding

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Thu, 28 January 2010 03:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations [message #24705 is a reply to message #24704] Thu, 28 January 2010 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

I have tried to provide such a way that not only the Russian translation could be placed on the site.

The work of translation is not fast. We work together with Anton (sc0rch). We will translate all the articles gradually.

I hope the representatives of other languages is also willing to do the translation.

I do not know how to other countries, but Russia's situation is that the lack of translation is a serious barrier to start using the tool.

{
}

[Updated on: Thu, 28 January 2010 04:09]

Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #24709 is a reply to message #24600] Thu, 28 January 2010 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

sergeynikitin,

-30 C in our lands, sunshine))
I read what you've changed in my translation. That's right, the changes are correct. Thank you! P.S. I've fixed one misprint, sending changes to you.

Best regards,
Anton.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 January 2010 16:05]

Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations [message #24713 is a reply to message #24705] Thu, 28 January 2010 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

To speed up translation maybe use http://translate.google.com/# and check translation and correct?
sergeynikitin wrote on Thu, 28 January 2010 05:06

I have tried to provide such a way that not only the Russian translation could be placed on the site.

The work of translation is not fast. We work together with Anton (sc0rch). We will translate all the articles gradually.

I hope the representatives of other languages is also willing to do the translation.

I do not know how to other countries, but Russia's situation is that the lack of translation is a serious barrier to start using the tool.

Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations [message #24718 is a reply to message #24713] Thu, 28 January 2010 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

Hi Ion.
Yes we did so.

Just write the original texts are not in simple english. When just reading the documentation, it does not require the literal sense. And when the translation, I want to extinct as possible.

{
}
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations [message #24962 is a reply to message #24718] Sat, 06 February 2010 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

Problem!! We've started to translate descriptions of some examples and discovered, that links in .tpp extract to html not correctly (for example see AnimatedHello links [en][ru])

{
}
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations [message #25000 is a reply to message #24962] Sun, 07 February 2010 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
sergeynikitin wrote on Sat, 06 February 2010 04:13

Problem!! We've started to translate descriptions of some examples and discovered, that links in .tpp extract to html not correctly (for example see AnimatedHello links [en][ru])

Hello Sergey

Do you remember I told in other post that uppweb has "en-us" hardcoded everywhere ?.

Well, this is one place.

In addition uppweb does not try to take hyperlinks from Examples pages, so the [en][ru] links are lost.

If nobody can do it in one week I would internationalize a little bit uppweb .cpp code.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations [message #25009 is a reply to message #25000] Sun, 07 February 2010 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

Yes, I already understood this. I also try to look elsewhere this can be corrected.

{
}
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #25118 is a reply to message #24600] Thu, 11 February 2010 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello everyone! Thanks for the answers!

I think, it would be ideal if the user could click the "RU" at top of page, go to the main Russian page, save it to his bookmarks and forget about switching the language.

Also, if the article is not translated yet, the English version of the article can be displayed.

What do you think?

Just my thoughts. Sorry, if something wrong. Best regards!
Anton.

P.S. I have translated Index-page, looking for another...

[Updated on: Thu, 11 February 2010 14:24]

Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #25119 is a reply to message #25118] Thu, 11 February 2010 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Sc0rch wrote on Thu, 11 February 2010 14:19

Hello everyone! Thanks for the answers!

I think, it would be ideal if the user could click the "RU" at top of page, go to the main Russian page, save it to his bookmarks and forget about switching the language.

Also, if the article is not translated yet, the English version of the article can be displayed.

What do you think?

Just my thoughts. Sorry, if something wrong. Best regards!
Anton.

P.S. I have translated Index-page, looking for another...

Hello Sc0rch

All of it seems more than reasonable Smile

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #25135 is a reply to message #25119] Fri, 12 February 2010 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

I've added Header on index.html page during localisation.

Please test it. I thing, that with header is better.

Please share your opinion.

{
}
icon4.gif  Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #25136 is a reply to message #25135] Fri, 12 February 2010 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Sergey

Uppweb package does not compile. It seems it is something wrong with changed en-us index page:

c:\upp\uppbox\uppweb\www.tpp\index$en-us.tppi(3) : error C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0
c:\upp\uppbox\uppweb\www.tpp\index$en-us.tppi(3) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '}' before '<<'
c:\upp\uppbox\uppweb\www.tpp\index$en-us.tppi(3) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<<'
c:\upp\uppbox\uppweb\www.tpp\index$en-us.tppi(3) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<<'
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(71) : error C2065: 'topic' : undeclared identifier
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(71) : error C2065: 'title' : undeclared identifier
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(71) : error C2065: 'data' : undeclared identifier
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(71) : error C2065: 'data' : undeclared identifier
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(71) : error C2070: ''unknown-type'': illegal sizeof operand
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(73) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(77) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(81) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(85) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(89) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(93) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(97) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(101) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(105) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(109) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(113) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(117) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppbox\uppweb/www.tpp/all.i(121) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core/topic_group.h(123) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core/topic_group.h(123) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '}'
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core/topic_group.h(123) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core/topic_group.h(120) : error C2065: 'TOPIC__01_fn' : undeclared identifier

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #25138 is a reply to message #25136] Fri, 12 February 2010 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

oooops I've not touched uppweb. It's maybe wrong all.i.
Open www.tpp and touch index$en-us. Maybe it help.

I've just compiled on my computer. All compiled OK.

{
}
Re: Ultimate++ Homepage Translations (RU...) [message #25139 is a reply to message #25138] Fri, 12 February 2010 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Senior Veteran
Hello Sergei

Please check file index$en-us.tppi.

To be sure I have:
- Deleted uppweb and downloaded from svn
- Checked the file in upp-mirror

This is the beginning:
TITLE("Ultimate++ is a C++ cross-platform rapid application development framework")
COMPRESSED
<<<<<<< .mine

This is the end:
>>>>>>> .r2061

The symbols >>>>>>> and <<<<<<< are not part of the file and seem to be added by svn.

If you delete them the package compiles and runs.

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: Videos in U++ web
Next Topic: Do we need some restriction for new users due to...?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:56:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01148 seconds