FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Mac OS X porting
Mac OS X porting [message #25096] Wed, 10 February 2010 10:22 Go to next message
aldeacity is currently offline  aldeacity
Promising Member
Good Mornig!

Hello, again. First of all, sorry for my absence during enough time. It has had enough familiar problems and I have barely been able to to take up again the occupation some months ago.

Now, I can see good way U++ goes and in my proffessional job is very important Mac software development besides Windows software development.

This topic is to know about porting U++ to Mac in Intel platform with last OS X versions. I don't know if anyone is working on it. If so, I'd like, if it's possible, to help them. If it's not so, maybe a good idea to start it. In this case I'd like to know which is first step and I offer me to collaborate as far as possible.

Thanks a lot and a pleasure for being again onboard.
Regards.
Juan.
Re: Mac OS X porting [message #25098 is a reply to message #25096] Wed, 10 February 2010 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reini is currently offline  Reini
Promising Member
Hello Juan,

I am a bit beginning to work on it.

So the first step was to try the latest sources to compile on OSX.
This resulted as expected in certain errors.

I reported already the first one to Mirek and he has to fix it.
The first error was in the Web Package that there is no Compiler Check for Apple (#ifdef(__APPLE__) and for that it stops on this stage.

At first which Mac do you have and which Version of OSX ?
I have a Mac Mini and the latest OSX 10.6.2.

So we can synchronize a bit if you want but at the moment we will work more in the direction of a separate branch since we won't get an SVN Access at the moment.

Greetz Reini

[Updated on: Wed, 10 February 2010 11:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mac OS X porting [message #25099 is a reply to message #25098] Wed, 10 February 2010 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aldeacity is currently offline  aldeacity
Promising Member
Hello Greetz,

nice to see you've started job. My Mac is a MacBook 13'' with latest OSX 10.6.2 too. I use to code in QT on it. I develop software mainly for Win and then it's ported to some Macs machines.

I think as you that for now we have to work more in the direction of a separate branch until getting a SVN Access. This evening I'll get source into my Mac. I'll see how it try to compile for first time.

Do you think this would be a good start?

Juan.
Re: Mac OS X porting [message #25104 is a reply to message #25098] Wed, 10 February 2010 19:39 Go to previous message
Reini is currently offline  Reini
Promising Member
Hello Juan,

Here I get this errors,

c++ -c -O3 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -x c++ -I./ -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/X11R6/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/cairo -I/usr/X11R6/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include/atk-1.0 -DflagGUI -DflagGCC -DflagSHARED -DflagLINUX -DflagPOSIX -DflagMAIN ide/SelectPkg.cpp -o _out/ide/GCCMK-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Main-Posix-Shared/SelectPkg.o
In file included from ./Web/Web.h:39,
from ./ide/Core/Core.h:5,
from ./ide/Common/Common.h:4,
from ide/ide.h:4,
from ide/SelectPkg.cpp:1:
./Web/socket.h:135:2: error: #error Unsupported platform
In file included from ./Core/Core.h:226,
from ./Esc/Esc.h:4,
from ./ide/Core/Core.h:4,
from ./ide/Common/Common.h:4,
from ide/ide.h:4,
from ide/SelectPkg.cpp:1:

So I tried to introduce like Mirek proposed a new define in Core/config.h line 34

elif __APPLE__
 #define PLATFORM_MAC 1 

But this will be only the half truth since then the compiler looks in socket.h for PLATFORM_POSIX anyway.

I don't want to break here compatibility and would like to ask Mirek or anyone else who knows it better for help !

Thanks
Previous Topic: source builds
Next Topic: Makefiles warning!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:09:50 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01465 seconds