Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button
icon3.gif  WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25276] Tue, 16 February 2010 12:04 Go to next message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hi there

in many other IDEs there is a execute button directly on the toolbar, near/next to Build or Rebuild.. TheIDE should have it also. the functinality is already there using "Debug-Execute" or Ctrl+F5, but why not via Mouse button?

second, the Rebuild All button is with reason pictured as a bomb. it rebuilds the *entire* environment. build rebuilds only changes. there should also be something in between. "Rebuild Main Package" i.e, ehich really rebuilds only the main package or a selected one. cause rightklicking on a package one only can do a "Build" or "Clean". a build only would build changes, but wouldnt rebuild.

so best would be: a functionality to trigger a rebuild of a single package, when rightclicking it..and a function "rebuild main" next to Rebuild All, which triggers this same behaviour for the main package only.

is that possible?

[Updated on: Tue, 16 February 2010 12:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25277 is a reply to message #25276] Tue, 16 February 2010 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
index.php?t=getfile&id=2289&private=0I've got an execute button (yellow arrow) it in my version.
I can try to post pieces of the code if you'd like.
Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25279 is a reply to message #25277] Tue, 16 February 2010 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
thank you fudamin, in my version i also have it placed..

in idebar.cpp:534
void Ide::MainTool(Bar& bar)
{
	Edit(bar);
	if(debugger)
		DebugMenu(bar);
	else
	if(!designer)
		bar.Separator();
	Project(bar);
	BuildMenu(bar);
	DebugMenu(bar); //new
	BrowseMenu(bar);
}

is the place.. but the separator doubles are kind of ugly..
mirek could do it better Smile, i.e even place a "debug run" button, but a first shot is alright.

but the other part, rebuild main, is quite important as well, i think
Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25281 is a reply to message #25279] Tue, 16 February 2010 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
I've got

{
	Edit(bar);
//	if(debugger)
	//	DebugMenu(bar);
//	else
//	if(!designer)
//		bar.Separator();
	if (menu_shown)
		Project(bar);
	DebugMenu(bar);
	BuildMenu(bar);
	BrowseMenu(bar);
}

the idea is to comment
//if(debugger)
Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25282 is a reply to message #25281] Tue, 16 February 2010 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
isnt that kind of problematik, since this menu is used for both, MenuBar and ToolBar in TheIDE
Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25284 is a reply to message #25282] Tue, 16 February 2010 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
kohait00 wrote on Tue, 16 February 2010 12:29

isnt that kind of problematik, since this menu is used for both, MenuBar and ToolBar in TheIDE

What kinds of problems? Smile
Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25286 is a reply to message #25284] Tue, 16 February 2010 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
you are absolutely right, the MainTool bar is already only for that purpose, and there is no change to DebugMenu..

any idea how to fix the other "whish"?
Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25288 is a reply to message #25286] Tue, 16 February 2010 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
kohait00 wrote on Tue, 16 February 2010 13:16

you are absolutely right, the MainTool bar is already only for that purpose, and there is no change to DebugMenu..

any idea how to fix the other "whish"?

I think "Rebuild Main package" could execute this sequence:
1 clean the main package
2 buid the main package

But maybe it would be better just to add a separate Clean+Execute?
What do you and others think?
Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25293 is a reply to message #25288] Tue, 16 February 2010 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
clean is not that good, cause it really wipes out everything, but many times one has put things inside the output/execution forlder, so the stuff is gone as well.

a clean rebuild trigger is prefered, as of my part, just in the same way of Rebuild All, it neither "cleans" the output destinations before building (as far as i know). cleaning is done upon explicit whish of user

[Updated on: Tue, 16 February 2010 15:55]

Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25296 is a reply to message #25293] Tue, 16 February 2010 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
kohait00 wrote on Tue, 16 February 2010 14:54

clean is not that good, cause it really wipes out everything, but many times one has put things inside the output/execution forlder, so the stuff is gone as well.

a clean rebuild trigger is prefered, as of my part, just in the same way of Rebuild All, it neither "cleans" the output destinations before building (as far as i know). cleaning is done upon explicit whish of user

Could "clean package" really wipe anything useful?
Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25305 is a reply to message #25296] Tue, 16 February 2010 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
again, you are absolutely right.

i was talking of a different clean. the uppout clean. ofcorse, the package clean & package rebuild would obviously do the effect, since it would only clean the specified package's compile folder.

shouldnt be hard then, to implement something similar..

JUST FOR TERMS OF UNDERSTANDING:

3 types of clean (build) (all in Build submenu)

1) clean UPPOUT,
cleans the final application's destination/execution folder, all content deletet. may have more than just the own executable if other applications compile wirh same config, say GUI MT

2) clean package (build package),
cleans (builds) the (via right click) selected package, or the main package if triggered from build menu.

3) clean (build)
cleans (builds) the entire workspace, including all sub packageds in any dependancy line.

so rebuild all is defined Clean/Build in ide/Builders/Build.cpp:600, so same way we could use the rebuild package only stuff.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 February 2010 21:07]

Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25309 is a reply to message #25305] Tue, 16 February 2010 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
ok seems to have worked, here comes the mini patch for the "Rebuild Package" feature

ide.h:848
		void  PackageClean();
		void  PackageRebuild();

ide.key:59
KEY(CLEANPACKAGE, "Clean package", 0)
KEY(REBUILDPACKAGE, "Rebuild package", 0)

Build.cpp:113
void Ide::PackageRebuild()
{
	PackageClean();
	PackageBuild();
}

idebar.cpp:389
	menu.Add(b, AK_CLEANPACKAGE, THISBACK(PackageClean))
		.Help("Remove all intermediate files of the current package");
	menu.Add(b, AK_REBUILDPACKAGE, THISBACK(PackageRebuild))
		.Help("Rebuild of the current package");
Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25310 is a reply to message #25309] Tue, 16 February 2010 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
to have it all together: the execute (and more stuff) in the toolbar feature..

execute
idebar.cpp:536
{
	Edit(bar);
//	if(debugger)
//		DebugMenu(bar);
//	else
//	if(!designer)
//		bar.Separator();
	Project(bar);
	BuildMenu(bar);
	DebugMenu(bar);
	BrowseMenu(bar);
}

open output directory
idebar.cpp:445
	menu.Add(!IsNull(target), "Open output directory", IdeImg::opposite(), THISBACK(OpenOutputFolder));

run in debuger, i used own recolored Navigator image from ide.iml, named debug_debug()
idebar.cpp:464
		menu.Add(b, AK_DEBUG,  IdeImg::debug_debug(), THISBACK1(BuildAndDebug, false))
			.Help("Build application & run debugger");

seems as if everything having an image will be displayed also in the toolbar, so what ever you like to have in toolbar, give it an icon for..

[Updated on: Tue, 16 February 2010 21:54]

Re: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button [message #25319 is a reply to message #25310] Wed, 17 February 2010 00:46 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Quote:

seems as if everything having an image will be displayed also in the toolbar, so what ever you like to have in toolbar, give it an icon for..

AFAIK, it has been this way for some time.

Btw, good work, kohait00! Hopefully, we will exchage more improvements for the ide. Wink
Previous Topic: version.h problem
Next Topic: custom build step
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:04:38 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01909 seconds