Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » custom build step
icon5.gif  custom build step [message #25520] Fri, 26 February 2010 23:40 Go to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
Hi,

is there a way to tell the custom build step to only run the command if the file is newer than the output file?
At the moment, I use a custom build step command which is run every time I build the containing package.
But what I would like to have is to check first if the command run is really needed.

Matthias
Re: custom build step [message #25521 is a reply to message #25520] Sat, 27 February 2010 00:59 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

masu wrote on Fri, 26 February 2010 23:40

Hi,

is there a way to tell the custom build step to only run the command if the file is newer than the output file?
At the moment, I use a custom build step command which is run every time I build the containing package.
But what I would like to have is to check first if the command run is really needed.

Matthias

Hi Matthias,
I think you could solve it using an if before your command, something like
if [ $(FILE) -nt output_file ]; then; <your commands here>; fi
I now it is not elegant, but it should work. Unfortunately it is not portable to windows Confused

Honza
Previous Topic: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button
Next Topic: compiling mfc projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:06:06 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00994 seconds