FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TreeCtrl » Distorted GUI / memory leak
Distorted GUI / memory leak [message #25582] Mon, 01 March 2010 22:33 Go to next message
galious is currently offline  galious
Promising Member
Hi,

I'm trying to create a 'static-linked plugin system' like is done for e.g. plugin/bmp and plugin/png. The plugins should provide a GUI to allow the users to set some configuration. Providing the controls works for buttons, but adding a treectrl results in a distorted UI (the text in the provided is not centered anymore) and a memory leak.

What am I doing wrong? Is this not supported or is this a bug somewhere in the upp code?

For an example see the code below.

Best regards,

Martin

#include <CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h>
using namespace Upp;

/* Plugins */
static StaticCriticalSection sAnyStoragePlugin;
class StoragePlugin {
	typedef StoragePlugin *(*StorageFactory)();
	template <class T> static StoragePlugin *FactoryFn() { return new T; }
	static void AddPlugin(StorageFactory f) { INTERLOCKED_(sAnyStoragePlugin)Map().Add(f()); }
	static Array<StoragePlugin>& Map() { static Array<StoragePlugin> x; return x; }

public:
	template <class T> static void Register() { AddPlugin(&StoragePlugin::FactoryFn<T>); }
};

class DiskStorage : public StoragePlugin {
	TreeCtrl  c;  // <<<< Comment me to get a correct GUI and remove the memory leak
	Button    b;
};

INITBLOCK {
	StoragePlugin::Register<DiskStorage>();
}

/* App */
class DeBunny : public TopWindow {
	Button button;

public:
	typedef DeBunny CLASSNAME;
	DeBunny() {
            Add(button.SetLabel("&I'm an Ultimate++ button!").VCenterPos(20).HCenterPos(200));
	};
};

GUI_APP_MAIN
{
	DeBunny().Run();
}
Re: Distorted GUI / memory leak [message #25583 is a reply to message #25582] Tue, 02 March 2010 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
#include <CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h>

using namespace Upp;

/* Plugins */
static StaticCriticalSection sAnyStoragePlugin;
class StoragePlugin {

typedef StoragePlugin *(*StorageFactory)();
	template <class T> static StoragePlugin *FactoryFn() { return new T; }

static void AddPlugin(StorageFactory f) { INTERLOCKED_(sAnyStoragePlugin)Map().Add(f); }
	static Array<StorageFactory>& Map() { static Array<StorageFactory> x; return x; }

public:
	template <class T> static void Register() { AddPlugin(&StoragePlugin::FactoryFn<T>); }
};

class DiskStorage : public StoragePlugin {
	TreeCtrl  c;  // <<<< Comment me to get a correct GUI and remove the memory leak
	Button    b;
};

INITBLOCK {
	StoragePlugin::Register<DiskStorage>();
}

/* App */
class DeBunny : public TopWindow {
	Button button;

public:
	typedef DeBunny CLASSNAME;
	DeBunny() {
            Add(button.SetLabel("&I'm an Ultimate++ button!").VCenterPos(20).HCenterPos(200));
	};
};

GUI_APP_MAIN
{
	DeBunny().Run();
}
Re: Distorted GUI / memory leak [message #25607 is a reply to message #25583] Wed, 03 March 2010 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hi,

the 'problem' with replacing Plugin by Factory was I've to use something like the following code:

One<StoragePlugin> GetPlugin(int i) {
    One<StoragePlugin> plugin = (*StorageFactory(Map()[i]))();
    return plugin;
}

this will, I think, create a new StoragePlugin object each time I iterate through the plugins. In this way I won't able to store the state in the plugin, as each invocation will return a default plugin object.

I think I've to rewrite this a bit to iterate through all factories at initialisation and create an array of plugins (by using the method shown above) and afterwards use this list, or I'll create the plugins as singletons. I'll try these possibilities tonight.

One question still stands though, why did a Button work and a TreeCtrl didn't, just coincidence?

Best regards,

Martin
Re: Distorted GUI / memory leak [message #25622 is a reply to message #25607] Thu, 04 March 2010 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
galious wrote on Wed, 03 March 2010 06:04

One question still stands though, why did a Button work and a TreeCtrl didn't, just coincidence?

Yes. Generally, there is a rule saying "no widgets before GUI_APP_MAIN". (Means: no widgets should be constructed in global constructors).

Mirek
Re: Distorted GUI / memory leak [message #25623 is a reply to message #25622] Thu, 04 March 2010 08:13 Go to previous message
Promising Member
Ahhh, thanks. I've rewritten to part to register the factory and afterwards I initialize an Array of plugins.

The memory leak was removed by added a virtual destructor (stupid me to forget it).

Thanks for your help,

Martin
Previous Topic: OptionTree loses check state
Next Topic: Restrict drag&drop to one level
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:08:43 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01759 seconds