Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » batch build
batch build [message #26181] Thu, 08 April 2010 23:21 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Hi,

I need to be able to make customised executables for each of my clients. I would like to do this with pre-processor directives but be able to just press one button to build them all and store each one in a different directory.

Not much I know but I suspect that theIDE can always do this.

Nick

Re: batch build [message #26184 is a reply to message #26181] Fri, 09 April 2010 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah OK I found this

http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$cmdline$en-us.html

sweet! Very Happy

EDIT: OK not that sweet. How do I get my flags to carry through please? The ">" pipes output into whatever the name of the flag that comes after. Also, the other flags that I set do not get carried into the IDE. I think this may be broken.

EDIT: also, 1 is FORCE_SPEED and 2 is FORCE_SIZE

EDIT: tried it with both umk and theide and get same results. It doesn't appear to matter what flags you pass in. It always uses GUI,MT and ignores anything else.

I am trying to find out where theIDE processes commandlines. I can see where the CreateProcess is called with the commandline cmd but I have no idea where that goes next. umk appears to just call theIDE.

Is there an alternative to this or something I am missing or any chance that it will get fixed soon?

examples of commandlines for me would be

c:\upp\theide trunk OpenWind MSC9x64 -a1e PRO,OCOE,CLIENT_DUMB d:\Probuilds\Dumb\openWind64.exe
c:\upp\umk trunk OpenWind MSC9 -a1ev GUI,PRO,CLIENT_DUMB d:\Probuilds\Dumb\openWind.exe
c:\upp\umk trunk OpenWind MSC9x64 -a1ev PRO,CLIENT_TEST d:\Probuilds\Test\openWind64.exe
c:\upp\umk trunk OpenWind MSC9 -a1ev PRO,CLIENT_TEST d:\Probuilds\Test\openWind.exe

[Updated on: Sat, 10 April 2010 02:15]

Report message to a moderator

Test case [message #26192 is a reply to message #26184] Sat, 10 April 2010 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I can find Split() and SplitFlags() which appear to imply that the syntax described here

http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$cmdline$en-us.html

is wrong: it should be space delimited instead of comma - although I have tried putting multiple flags in quotes and still no joy (e.g. "GUI MT PRO OCOE") - quotes would be needed as space is used to delimit commandline arguments and the flags are one argument.

I still can't work out where the command line is actually processed.

In any case, it is easy to see that the flags have absolutely zero effect on the build by trying the commandline you see on that page. The flag MT does not make it into the build and a file called GUI is created in the upp directory. Obviously the '>' is not meant to be there. However, even if we miss out the '>' it is easy to see that the flags have no effect.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit. I am trying this with MSC9 and MSC9x64. MinGW32 is an invalid build method on my machine.

Nick

Re: Test case [message #26193 is a reply to message #26192] Sat, 10 April 2010 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Nick!

The syntax described in help is correct. The problem is with ">" because it is interpreted as a shell redirection. You need to quote it in order to pass it as an argument:
c:\upp\umk trunk OpenWind MSC9 -a1ev ">GUI,PRO,CLIENT_DUMB" "d:\Probuilds\Dumb\openWind.exe"

Hopefully this will help Wink I know that using ">" in this way is pretty weird, it confused me at first too. I'll add a note about this into the manual.

Honza
Re: Test case [message #26194 is a reply to message #26193] Sat, 10 April 2010 04:44 Go to previous message
I was just coming on here to say that I'd finally figured it out Very Happy

Thanks,

Nick
Previous Topic: cpp/icpp name clashes [BUG?]
Next Topic: [BUG] Environment setup dialog don't close properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:20:02 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03731 seconds