Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » [SOLVED] topmost menu popup crashes
[SOLVED] topmost menu popup crashes [message #26215] Wed, 14 April 2010 14:31 Go to next message
chickenk is currently offline  chickenk
Experienced Member
Hi Mirek and others,

this may be related to other TopMost topics in this forum category.

I tried to execute the CallbackArgTarget example from the reference assembly on Ubuntu 9.10, and it gave me back an 'invalid memory access'.

I entered the debugger to dive deeper, and you can see the call stack and problem in the attached screenshot.

The variable q is NULL when executing q->StartPopupGrab(), thus the error. It seems having the menu widget as the topmost item is not currently working.

Can you have a look a this?

Thanks,
Lionel
  • Attachment: bug_popup.png
    (Size: 302.68KB, Downloaded 358 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 16 April 2010 16:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: topmost menu popup crashes [message #26239 is a reply to message #26215] Fri, 16 April 2010 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
chickenk wrote on Wed, 14 April 2010 08:31

Hi Mirek and others,

this may be related to other TopMost topics in this forum category.

I tried to execute the CallbackArgTarget example from the reference assembly on Ubuntu 9.10, and it gave me back an 'invalid memory access'.

I entered the debugger to dive deeper, and you can see the call stack and problem in the attached screenshot.

The variable q is NULL when executing q->StartPopupGrab(), thus the error. It seems having the menu widget as the topmost item is not currently working.

Can you have a look a this?

Thanks,
Lionel

The reference example was wrong -> oversimplified. In U++/X11, it is not possible to have a menu without owner window.

Now fixed. Thanks.
Re: topmost menu popup crashes [message #26242 is a reply to message #26239] Fri, 16 April 2010 16:34 Go to previous message
chickenk is currently offline  chickenk
Experienced Member
thanks a lot, I'm gonna check this.

regards
Lionel
Previous Topic: Adding transparent Ctrls to main window
Next Topic: Howto set the icon for the application/and or topwindow in the code?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:19:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01376 seconds