Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » strange chars in Calc panel
strange chars in Calc panel [message #26221] Wed, 14 April 2010 22:28 Go to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
Hi,

When I enter the expression "123+33" to the calc panel and press enter, the following gets printed:

$123+33
156 0x9c " "n

The interesting part is the letter "n" at the end. This character in this line keeps changing to various strange glyhps while I enter other expressions into the lines below, or when deleting other chars.
Does not seem a serious problem, but I suspect that the bug is in the edit control or the String class itself. I have tried to find the bug by staring at the relevant code portions, but didn't find anything suspicious. I am using v2232 on Vista 64bit.

Cheers,
Sandor
Re: strange chars in Calc panel [message #26222 is a reply to message #26221] Thu, 15 April 2010 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

I can confirm that. I was able to reproduce this bug (on Linux, with nogtk build of theide), but the strange glyphs appear only if I delete characters in result and then force repaint, for example by dragging some other window over the area of calculator or scrolling the line out of view and back. Clicking the problematic line removes the additional glyphs (until next repaint).

Honza

[Updated on: Thu, 15 April 2010 07:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: strange chars in Calc panel [message #26604 is a reply to message #26222] Fri, 14 May 2010 16:22 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Thanks, in fact pretty nasty bug in Draw (related to replacement characters).

Now fixed.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Feature request: Force BLITZ on request
Next Topic: REQUEST: Find/replace dialogs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:29:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.69400 seconds