Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Style: DefaultInk / default
Style: DefaultInk / default [message #27244] Wed, 07 July 2010 16:31 Go to next message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hi there

tracking Style incompatibilities (i have a daaaark app front) i was wondering why the tooltip was showing back text.
i tracked it down to here:

DrawSmartText() is used to draw, and it uses DefaultInk as color, which is static Black().

Draw.h:376
inline Color InvertColor() { return Color(255, 0); }
inline Color DefaultInk() { return Black(); } //TODO!

the TODO is not from me Smile so its been already in mind to change it to something rational.

why not change it to SColorText() ?

BTW: whats the matter with InvertColor? it is used in RichText and GridCtrl and in 2 places in Ctrl..

Re: Style: DefaultInk / default [message #27245 is a reply to message #27244] Wed, 07 July 2010 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
kohait00 wrote on Wed, 07 July 2010 10:31

hi there

tracking Style incompatibilities (i have a daaaark app front) i was wondering why the tooltip was showing back text.
i tracked it down to here:

DrawSmartText() is used to draw, and it uses DefaultInk as color, which is static Black().

Draw.h:376
inline Color InvertColor() { return Color(255, 0); }
inline Color DefaultInk() { return Black(); } //TODO!

the TODO is not from me Smile so its been already in mind to change it to something rational.

why not change it to SColorText() ?

Thanks. Actually, it should have been SColorInfoText. Now fixed.

Quote:

BTW: whats the matter with InvertColor? it is used in RichText and GridCtrl and in 2 places in Ctrl..

It is a sort of nasty hack - in DrawRect, in screen, this acts as inverting all image bits (instead setting them to color). Useful for painting selections...
Re: Style: DefaultInk / default [message #27248 is a reply to message #27245] Wed, 07 July 2010 22:55 Go to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
thanks mirek, some background infos are always good stuff Smile
Previous Topic: Easiest way to change button color
Next Topic: Question to UPP developers: the issue with windows rendering (Windows XP)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:12:31 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01228 seconds