Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » guides and tutorials for a absolute beginner?
guides and tutorials for a absolute beginner? [message #27278] Sat, 10 July 2010 19:49 Go to next message
dragonnutds is currently offline  dragonnutds
i am new to everything, from code to the program, i have some expereance in, i think, basic because i took a 1 week course with visual basic in school. i get some basic concepts like if/then and variables. dose anybody know of some good guides?

ps, is it possible to control a dos prompt with programs made with ultimate++? i have a idea for a gui to control dedicated servers with a gui.
Re: guides and tutorials for a absolute beginner? [message #27279 is a reply to message #27278] Sat, 10 July 2010 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
dragonnutds wrote on Sat, 10 July 2010 19:49

i am new to everything, from code to the program, i have some expereance in, i think, basic because i took a 1 week course with visual basic in school. i get some basic concepts like if/then and variables. dose anybody know of some good guides?

ps, is it possible to control a dos prompt with programs made with ultimate++? i have a idea for a gui to control dedicated servers with a gui.

Hello dragonnutds

If I understand you well I would try first tutorial/Core* examples. They are simple dos prompt examples.

Please tell us about your experience.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: guides and tutorials for a absolute beginner? [message #27287 is a reply to message #27279] Sun, 11 July 2010 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

Perhaps the basic knowledge on the principles of C++ will be very necessary.

Read something on the C++, especially the creation of classes and mechanisms of inheritance.
Without it, you do not appreciate in U++.

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: guides and tutorials for a absolute beginner? [message #27294 is a reply to message #27278] Sun, 11 July 2010 10:54 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi dragonnutds,

For the basic understanding of C++ I would recommend you to read this page. This covers almost everything in C++. Later you can have a look at the U++ documentation, which assumes you are already familiar with C++.

As for your question about remote controling programs: It depends on the programs. You can run or stop any program, but only some of them let you control they behaviour while they are running. Also the "remote" part is not the simplest part to implement...

Best regards,
Honza
Previous Topic: Real-time image drawing
Next Topic: How to modify the back colour of a Static Text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:32:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01448 seconds