Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » ArrayCtrl and converters
ArrayCtrl and converters [message #27513] Wed, 21 July 2010 16:25 Go to next message
mubeta is currently offline  mubeta
Hi all,
(I am not a C++ developer, so I use U++ for write my applications).

I am using ArrayCtrl for show some variables readed from an external device connected via bus.
These variables should be formatted in various mode: decimal, hexadecimal and binary.

ArrayCtrl offer, (what I found), two way: 1) column editor that can can be one of many offered from U++ or self made with own converter; 2) cell editor, with the same peculiarity of the point 1).

My problem: I want to list my vars not in columns, but I rows, so, for the same column, but different row, I have to connect the cell with and different editor, using SetCtrl(..).

index.php?t=getfile&id=2671&private=0

The problem is: Now my vars can be showed in lot of format: binary, decimal, hexadecimal, but they are also editable, and I don't want this. The editor can be disabled, yes, but it change is color and is not so easy for read the value.

Question:
1) How I can connect every single cell to an different converter, not editable?
2) How I can chenge this converter in runtime?

Hope for some help.
Thanks.
  • Attachment: Immagine.png
    (Size: 10.44KB, Downloaded 478 times)
Re: ArrayCtrl and converters [message #27514 is a reply to message #27513] Wed, 21 July 2010 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
Firstly, instead of using Disable on the EditCtrls you could use ReadOnly and ClearFrames to get what you want.

But I'm pretty you actually want to use ArrayCtrl::SetDisplay. You can even link it to any Convert classes you have:
template<class T>
class ConvertDisplay : public Display
{
private:
	T convert;
public:
	virtual void Paint(Draw& w, const Rect& r, const Value& q, Color ink, Color paper, dword style) const
	{
		Display &d = StdDisplay();
		d.PaintBackground(w, r, q, ink, paper, style);
		d.Paint(w, r, convert.Format(q), ink, paper, style);
	}
};
// For instance:
typedef ConvertDisplay<ConvertHex> DisplayHex;

(untested, but the principle is sound)
Re: ArrayCtrl and converters [message #27519 is a reply to message #27514] Wed, 21 July 2010 20:10 Go to previous message
mubeta is currently offline  mubeta
Success.

Thanks a lot.
Previous Topic: GridCtrl and diff Edit()'s per row, same column
Next Topic: [Bug] ArrayCtrl::Serialize
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:26:22 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01183 seconds