Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Slider&ProgressIndicator » Slider with thermometer like scale
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #34561 is a reply to message #27646] Tue, 29 November 2011 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Ooops... I was called on the phone for a long time and did not see your last message Embarassed

koldo wrote on Tue, 29 November 2011 09:07

It is rather easy to translate the Paint function to Painter. If you want I can do a simple version for you to extend it when you learn more.

If you have some time for that and think that it is a better way/better result, Ok. But as I said, I have to learn Painting from the very beginning ! I know almost nothing about image processing, and I'm even not very sure to know well what is antialiasing !!! However, if I have some time, I should be happy to learn more about all that !

koldo wrote on Tue, 29 November 2011 09:07

If I were you I would move all the comments like this to a .tpp help file. This way they will be accessible to help system and they will appear in web Smile.

Yes, doc is important. Could you point me a doc or example on how to do and how to make it similar to other docs ?

Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #34562 is a reply to message #34561] Tue, 29 November 2011 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Jibe

Here Mirek left excellent Painter examples.

A good thing is that with Painter we would not use star images and we could get nice visual effects.

About .tpp help file I can begin one for you for StarIndicator and you could complete it.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #34568 is a reply to message #34562] Wed, 30 November 2011 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi Koldo,

koldo wrote on Tue, 29 November 2011 17:02

Here Mirek left excellent Painter examples.

Yes, I saw that yesterday. It gives a good idea of what can be done with Painter, but to know how it works and how to use it, the only way is to study the code.

I didn't look at the code, because when you lack time it's not easy, sometimes very difficult, if you don't have any idea on what it is exactly. And if you know very few about the subject (I never coded anything about images and drawing), I'm afraid that the code will be veeeeeeeery veeeeeeeery long to study and understand !

So, I'm afraid that studying the code will not be very usefull for me, unless I spend a big amount of time, as I'm just supposing without being sure that Painter is a kind of vectorial drawing...

A good thing is that with Painter we would not use star images and we could get nice visual effects.

Yes, no doubt about that ! I'm just afraid that it will be a big and long work when the result is already good in the last version ! More especialy when I have first to learn how to code drawings + what is painter exactly and how to use it...

As I said, I should be happy to learn about all that, but I have few time and the lack of doc is discouraging.

About .tpp help file I can begin one for you for StarIndicator and you could complete it.

Thank you for your help ! Very Happy I found those explanations and I think that I can do that. Just give me some time, and I'll send you a version with .tpp help. I prefer that you spend time to convert StarIndicator to Painter or document Painter Wink

I'm just beginning to study that and did not found yet how to do to have translations. I think that I will find quickly, or if you can point some doc about that, I'll make also the translation in french.

If Honza can publish his explanations in the doc, it will be better seen and could be completed (ie for translations), so that we can find easily all we need to make the doc Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 30 November 2011 15:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #34571 is a reply to message #27646] Wed, 30 November 2011 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I found how to have translated .tpp files. In fact, it's easy and intuitive in the special editor of TheIde.

=> I'll do en-us and fr-fr .tpp files for StarIndicator and SliderCtrlX ASAP.
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #34574 is a reply to message #34571] Wed, 30 November 2011 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Jibe

If you want I can include Painter in StarIndicator with few and commented changes from original code for you to understand better.

When you learn more you can add nice effects to the stars like shades and reflections... if it makes sense Smile.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #34579 is a reply to message #27646] Wed, 30 November 2011 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Ok, it's kind for you Smile

If you can, this will help me to learn how works Painter ! I don't think that reflexion and shade will be good in this control, but if you think that it's better to use Painter and can do it, why not ?

I began to make the .tpp file. Not so difficult ! I'm just surprised that I cannot change the text color with the editor, but I worked around this by copying/pasting from other files...
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #34582 is a reply to message #34579] Wed, 30 November 2011 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Quote:

I'm just surprised that I cannot change the text color with the editor

index.php?t=getfile&id=3563&private=0
  • Attachment: dib.PNG
    (Size: 6.98KB, Downloaded 1059 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #34618 is a reply to message #27646] Fri, 02 December 2011 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi, koldo,

Yes, I saw the tools in the toolbar, but when I click, nothing happens... (4205-lucid-i386-nogtk)
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #34628 is a reply to message #27646] Fri, 02 December 2011 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Here is the .tpp file for StarIndicator.

Pls let me know if it's Ok or if there are some changes to do. I'll make the SliderControlX tpp ASAP.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2011 15:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #34633 is a reply to message #27646] Fri, 02 December 2011 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Be carefull if you already downloaded the StarIndicator.tpp.zip file : I changed it just now, because I discovered that I forgot to finish the links with the source Embarassed
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #34644 is a reply to message #34633] Sat, 03 December 2011 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Great doc. It is added Smile

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #35001 is a reply to message #27646] Mon, 26 December 2011 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi,

Here is the doc for SliderCtrlX, and some minor corrections/adds to StarIndicator doc.

It could be good that somebody re-reads and corrects these docs : even if I did them carefully, I could have make some mistakes !
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #35004 is a reply to message #35001] Mon, 26 December 2011 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Added !. Thank you.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #39479 is a reply to message #27646] Wed, 20 March 2013 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi Koldo,

I just discover that the link to SliderCtrlX is missing in your widget list,

Also, the doc seems not to be on the web (while StarIndicator do is there).

Could you correct this, please ?
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #39483 is a reply to message #39479] Thu, 21 March 2013 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Ok. I will check it.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #39493 is a reply to message #39483] Sat, 23 March 2013 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Jibe

It is now uploaded.

However remember that uppweb shows in internet all tpp pages that are linked. I mean, if anybody adds a new tpp help page and it is not linked by any other, it will not be shown in the web.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #39528 is a reply to message #39493] Tue, 26 March 2013 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi Koldo,

koldo wrote on Sat, 23 March 2013 00:27

It is now uploaded.

Good Smile Thank you !

koldo wrote on Sat, 23 March 2013 00:27

However remember that uppweb shows in internet all tpp pages that are linked. I mean, if anybody adds a new tpp help page and it is not linked by any other, it will not be shown in the web.

Yes. So, it was the reason why SliderCtrlX was not visible in the web... and why it is now that you add the link in your widget list. Smile

By the way, you told me in your message #34574 :
koldo wrote on Wed, 30 November 2011 17:57

Hello Jibe

If you want I can include Painter in StarIndicator with few and commented changes from original code for you to understand better.

When you learn more you can add nice effects to the stars like shades and reflections... if it makes sense Smile.

It would be good if we can use painter, as the images are not so good. Just to make them better, or why not to add some shadow or 3D effect to make it more beautiful.

But there is no emergency : if and when you have some free time... I could probably do it myself, but I have no time and no other need for now to learn painter.
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #39581 is a reply to message #39528] Tue, 02 April 2013 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Jibe

Painter is different but rather simple.

StaticRectangle and StaticEllipse (Controls4U.cpp) are very simple Painter samples.

Remember that Painter primitives use double instead of int to have subpixel accuracy. Smile

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Slider with thermometer like scale [message #39594 is a reply to message #27646] Wed, 03 April 2013 08:49 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Hi Koldo,

Ok, thank you. I'll look at all this when I have some time.
Previous Topic: ProgressIndicater: Get / SetData missing?
Next Topic: ProgressIndicator::Set for large value of total
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:44:22 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01208 seconds