Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » VirtualArrayCtrl embedded Ctrls
VirtualArrayCtrl embedded Ctrls [message #27782] Tue, 03 August 2010 12:27 Go to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
Hi,

I would like to construct a VirtualArrayCtrl (I started from VirtualArray reference example) with Option Ctrls in one column.
Is it possible and if yes, how can I do that?

I understand that I need to use a Converter class to prepare data to be shown, but I need to embed a Ctrl instead of only text.

Regards,
Matthias
Re: VirtualArrayCtrl embedded Ctrls [message #28027 is a reply to message #27782] Fri, 13 August 2010 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
masu wrote on Tue, 03 August 2010 06:27

Hi,

I would like to construct a VirtualArrayCtrl (I started from VirtualArray reference example) with Option Ctrls in one column.
Is it possible and if yes, how can I do that?

No, it is not possible and I believe it even does not make sense - in any case you need internal structures in ArrayCtrl to store the information about embedded Options, so that completely defeats the purpose of VirtualCount....
Re: VirtualArrayCtrl embedded Ctrls [message #28032 is a reply to message #28027] Fri, 13 August 2010 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
Hi Mirek,

my first approach was to use a non-virtual ArrayCtrl with embedded Option Ctrls, but unfortunately the application became very slow if I add lots of rows with these embedded Ctrls into it. If I remove these embedded Options, I get expected app speed.

That is why I wanted to switch to virtual ArrayCtrl.

Matthias
Re: VirtualArrayCtrl embedded Ctrls [message #29373 is a reply to message #28032] Sat, 16 October 2010 12:53 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
masu wrote on Fri, 13 August 2010 06:15

Hi Mirek,

my first approach was to use a non-virtual ArrayCtrl with embedded Option Ctrls, but unfortunately the application became very slow if I add lots of rows with these embedded Ctrls into it. If I remove these embedded Options, I get expected app speed.

That is why I wanted to switch to virtual ArrayCtrl.

Matthias

Well, unfortunately, there are performance constraints when adding ctrls into ArrayCtrl.

I guess this should be optimized in the future. But so far, each time I wanted to put there a lot of widgets, usually I have found it does not make too much sense from user perspective anyway and choosen alternate GUI design...
Previous Topic: It's a little strange for zooming GridCtrl column layout width
Next Topic: GridCtrl and CellJoin problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:25:56 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01802 seconds