Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » uninstalled theIDE by mistake - quick question
uninstalled theIDE by mistake - quick question [message #28149] Thu, 19 August 2010 04:31 Go to next message
mtdew3q is currently offline  mtdew3q
Experienced Member

hi-

I was having trouble with the gcc version on my system working with Firebird ISQL. I received error messages when trying to create a firebird db. I was about to downgrade to gcc 3.4 and it was processing and I saw upp as a package dependency I think. I tried to abort install right away but I notice theIDE is no longer on my menu in openSuse as an application available for launch.

Basically my code is still on the system as well as upp source files and headers for the framework.

My question is if I reinstall the upp.rpm will it overwrite /home/uname/.upp and the /home/uname/upp folder with my source code when I reinstall? Can I get all my project settings back I specified in theIDE?

I quit for tonight except maybe reinstalling if I hear back from you. It is very frustrating that isql in firebird is not compatible with the gcc version i have because there was like 11 package dependencies. I have the current stable release of firebird and I am stuck either upgrading to a non stable version of Firebird or somehow rolling back to an old version of gcc which i really do not want to do. I have gcc-4.x.x installed now as that is what currently ships with opensuse. i hope if i can get theIDE up and running again with retaining my settings i will try to upgrade firebird next to 2.5 and see if that helps.

thanks for any input on the reinstall issue-
jim

Re: uninstalled theIDE by mistake - quick question [message #28150 is a reply to message #28149] Thu, 19 August 2010 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

hi-

i made a back up and reinstalled the ide. it went very smooth and everything is retained. the only thing missing is the gif/png logo for theIDE on the suse development menus.

i will seriously look at upgrading to 2.5 firebird tomorrow to overcome the gcc 4.44 vs. 3.40 for libstdc++6.0/5.0 issues. i havent created any db yet and just used the sample db so no migration issues as of yet.

thanks
Re: uninstalled theIDE by mistake - quick question [message #28151 is a reply to message #28149] Thu, 19 August 2010 05:25 Go to previous message
Experienced Member

Hi-

quick additional note was that through more google search and thinking about this problem I figured out I could install an additional libstdc++ version package that was older. now I can use isql and create a database and don't have to upgrade firebird. the gcc can stay at the newer version. the cool thing was that it was available through opensuse. i don't like adding in a zillion different sources for software if I can avoid it for just one item i need.

very easy fix when you figure out where to look.

thanks,
jim
Previous Topic: Failed compiling theide 2467
Next Topic: I cant create EXE file with MnGW compiler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:04:39 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01240 seconds