Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » RichText,QTF,RTF... » Index / Table of Contents in PDF ?
Index / Table of Contents in PDF ? [message #28507] Sat, 04 September 2010 11:06 Go to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Is it possible to generate an index / table of contents in PDF created with UPP ?

Ciao

Max
Re: Index / Table of Contents in PDF ? [message #28508 is a reply to message #28507] Sat, 04 September 2010 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Massimo

Now it is not possible to translate hyperlinks (to internet or to TPP) from TPP to PDF in U++.

In a later post, Mirek did not approve it. However I think we can insist about it because I think it makes sense.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Index / Table of Contents in PDF ? [message #29972 is a reply to message #28508] Wed, 01 December 2010 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
koldo wrote on Sat, 04 September 2010 08:41

Hello Massimo

Now it is not possible to translate hyperlinks (to internet or to TPP) from TPP to PDF in U++.

In a later post, Mirek did not approve it. However I think we can insist about it because I think it makes sense.

I guess we need some sort of 'escape' interface in Draw...

I mean, the problem is that Draw (and PdfDraw) operates on very low level.

But if we had some

virtual void Escape(const String& text_data);

method in Draw, we perhaps might use it to send some metainformation to the Draw, that would be ignored most of time, but perhaps interpreted in some Draw backends.
Re: Index / Table of Contents in PDF ? [message #29979 is a reply to message #29972] Wed, 01 December 2010 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Mirek

It could be. However hyperlinks could be included in low level as it is used everywhere.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Index / Table of Contents in PDF ? [message #29986 is a reply to message #29979] Thu, 02 December 2010 11:08 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
koldo wrote on Wed, 01 December 2010 15:28

Hello Mirek

It could be. However hyperlinks could be included in low level as it is used everywhere.

I do not believe it is a good idea. E.g. on screen, they are not used (of course, higher levels implement them, but it is not something that Draw should care about). On printer, they are not used either.

And doing this, we might want to cover more than hyperlinks too...
Previous Topic: Line Break / Paragraph Break
Next Topic: (Basic) error inheriting RichEditWithToolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:22:34 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02977 seconds