Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init
What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29566] Sun, 31 October 2010 07:18 Go to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init

I suggest updating
http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$Files$en-us.html
with these, and also the meaning of the root installation files

theide.cgf
.bm
.var
/cfg (folder).

What is the procedure for updating a web page like the above - how do you actually do it?

What is the situation with the upp "book" that was mentioned a while ago?

[Updated on: Sun, 31 October 2010 07:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29567 is a reply to message #29566] Sun, 31 October 2010 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi gprentice

The meaning of the files is following:

init - used by BLITZ to properly include icpp files before the rest of the code
scd - older format for spelling dictionaries, superseded by udc but still supported
cache - cached data from Assist++ parser
pkg_cache - cached content of package files (upp) in single assembly
tdx - preparsed tpp files for fast searching
theide.cfg - serialized configuration of Setup->Environment dialog
bm - build method configuration
var - assembly configuration
theide/cfg folder - cache files from theide (tdx,cache,pkg_cache) + cfg (per package settings - opened files, cursor positions etc.)

If you think this info is worthed to be mentioned in the docs, go ahead and add it Wink

To update the webpages, you just have to change the tpp documentation located in uppbox/uppweb package (located in svn, it doesn't come with releases) or in the relevant package (ide, in this case). If you have the commit right for SVN, you can upload the changes and the webpage will change next day. Some relevant explanation is here. If you don't have the rights, just post the tpp files on the forum.

AFAIK the upp book is slowly advancing. You can check its state easily, as it is located in bazaar. Just compile and run the bazaar/UltimateBook package.

Best regards,
Honza

[Updated on: Sun, 31 October 2010 12:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29568 is a reply to message #29567] Sun, 31 October 2010 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thanks! I have access to svn. I guess google/svn is a secondary repository for U++? Can source code changes be committed or just .tpp files?

Graeme
Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29569 is a reply to message #29568] Sun, 31 October 2010 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Yes, googlecode is just a mirror, it is not possible to commit changes directly in there.

To clarify: By "svn commit rights" I meant access to the head server, which is accessible on IP adress that Mirek gives you together with your name and password.

Anyone with the rights to access the head server can change any documentation (neat rule to encourage people to document things Wink ). Your ability to change the source code depends on what rights Mirek grants you, usually it is restricted to certain directories.

Honza
Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29570 is a reply to message #29569] Sun, 31 October 2010 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Honza

Excellent explanation Smile. Almost nothing to add...

Just to say gprentice that, for many web pages you can just take the QTF code of the page (by clicking the "T++" link in the page bottom right side), and editing it using Assist/QTF designer, or using examples/UWord package. The official way to editing them is by opening uppweb package.

However for pages under "ide" (I do not know why), the .tpp files are compressed, so you should have to open "ide" package and select the file to edit.

For both cases take the resulting .tpp file and post to in the Forum. Somebody will submit it to web.

If you do this some times (not only once in your life Smile), I suppose you will get rights to submit the changes directly to svn.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29578 is a reply to message #29566] Mon, 01 November 2010 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thanks for the information. Mirek gave me a URL to the primary server a year ago but I didn't know where it went to until now. I updated the file and committed the .tpp and .tppi files using tortoise svn. Maybe you could check if I got something wrong some time. Tortoise said the files committed ok but for some reason it's left the icon for the files showing as "modified". Should I be able to commit these files directly from theIde?

Chances are I'll want to commit other documentation stuff sometime. Does that mean I should use the primary server and forget about google code?

Is upp able to do any conversion from other document formats into .tpp format?

Graeme
Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29579 is a reply to message #29578] Mon, 01 November 2010 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Graeme

gprentice wrote on Mon, 01 November 2010 13:32

Thanks for the information. Mirek gave me a URL to the primary server a year ago but I didn't know where it went to until now. I updated the file and committed the .tpp and .tppi files using tortoise svn. Maybe you could check if I got something wrong some time. Tortoise said the files committed ok but for some reason it's left the icon for the files showing as "modified". Should I be able to commit these files directly from theIde?

Yes, in Project/SVN menu you can upload changes to svn.

Chances are I'll want to commit other documentation stuff sometime. Does that mean I should use the primary server and forget about google code?

Oh yes, Honza explained it before. Google code is just a mirror.

Is upp able to do any conversion from other document formats into .tpp format?

I do not think so.

Graeme: The simplest way is just taking the latest files from SVN, although google mirror could be enough, improve them or add new .tpp files, and post them here. No SVN knowledge required Smile.

Best regards
Iñaki
icon14.gif  Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29586 is a reply to message #29578] Mon, 01 November 2010 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

I updated the file and committed the .tpp and .tppi files using tortoise svn. Maybe you could check if I got something wrong some time. Tortoise said the files committed ok but for some reason it's left the icon for the files showing as "modified".

Good work, Graeme Thumbs Up
It looks ok, at least I didn't see any mistakes. You will see the changes on the web tomorrow morning. To get rid of the modified status (in most svn clients) you have to update after committing. And one little thing for next time: Please try to make the log message look like "packagename: What changed" or ".packagename: Something not very important changed". It makes the logs easier to read, thanks.

Honza
Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29592 is a reply to message #29579] Tue, 02 November 2010 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
koldo wrote

Oh yes, Honza explained it before. Google code is just a mirror.

I was just trying to be considerate of traffic on the primary server.

koldo wrote

Graeme: The simplest way is just taking the latest files from SVN, although google mirror could be enough, improve them or add new .tpp files, and post them here. No SVN knowledge required Smile.

Na... I prefer committing directly and I have all the svn knowledge I need (which isn't much).

Graeme
Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29593 is a reply to message #29586] Tue, 02 November 2010 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
dolik.rce wrote on Tue, 02 November 2010 11:20

Good work, Graeme Thumbs Up
It looks ok, at least I didn't see any mistakes. You will see the changes on the web tomorrow morning. To get rid of the modified status (in most svn clients) you have to update after committing. And one little thing for next time: Please try to make the log message look like "packagename: What changed" or ".packagename: Something not very important changed". It makes the logs easier to read, thanks.

Honza

ok, I'm not used to having to update after committing. Regarding the package name - sure I'll do that. What does a leading * mean?

Graeme
Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29596 is a reply to message #29593] Tue, 02 November 2010 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

gprentice wrote on Tue, 02 November 2010 11:22

ok, I'm not used to having to update after committing. Regarding the package name - sure I'll do that. What does a leading * mean?

Leading * is mark bugfixes. Sometimes there is also leading +, which is used to mark addition of a new feature.

Honza
Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29597 is a reply to message #29567] Tue, 02 November 2010 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
dolik.rce wrote on Mon, 01 November 2010 00:41

AFAIK the upp book is slowly advancing. You can check its state easily, as it is located in bazaar. Just compile and run the bazaar/UltimateBook package.

The package won't build for me using MSC10. Build window output is below.

----- UltimateBook ( GUI MAIN MSC10 WIN32 MSC )
cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type 'Files\Microsoft', object file assumed
cl : Command line warning D9027 : source file 'Files\Microsoft' ignored
cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type 'Visual', object file assumed
cl : Command line warning D9027 : source file 'Visual' ignored
cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type 'Studio', object file assumed
cl : Command line warning D9027 : source file 'Studio' ignored
cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type '10.0\Vc\Include -IC:\Program', object file assumed
cl : Command line warning D9027 : source file '10.0\Vc\Include -IC:\Program' ignored
cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type 'Files\Microsoft', object file assumed
cl : Command line warning D9027 : source file 'SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include -IL:\gp\upp-mirror\bazaar\AESStream\plugin\openssl\inc32 -DflagGUI -DflagMAIN -DflagMSC10
-DflagWIN32 -DflagMSC -DbmYEAR=2010 -DbmMONTH=11 -DbmDAY=3 -DbmHOUR=0 -DbmMINUTE=46 -DbmSECOND=55 -EHsc -MT -O1 -GS- -Gy -FdL:/gp/upp-mirror/out/UltimateBook
/MSC10.Gui.Main\UltimateBook-1.pdb -Tp L:\gp\upp-mirror\bazaar\UltimateBook\MakeExamples.cpp -FoL:/gp/upp-mirror/out/UltimateBook/MSC10.Gui.Main\MakeExam ples.o
bj' ignored
cl : Command line warning D9021 : no action performed
cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type 'Visual', object file assumed
cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type 'Studio', object file assumed
cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type '10.0\Vc\Include -IC:\Program', object file assumed
cl : Command line warning D9027 : source file '10.0\Vc\Include -IC:\Program' ignored
cl : Command line warning D9027 : source file 'SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include -IL:\gp\upp-mirror\bazaar\AESStream\plugin\openssl\inc32 -DflagGUI -DflagMAIN -DflagMSC10
-DflagWIN32 -DflagMSC -DbmYEAR=2010 -DbmMONTH=11 -DbmDAY=3 -DbmHOUR=0 -DbmMINUTE=46 -DbmSECOND=55 -EHsc -MT -O1 -GS- -Gy -FdL:/gp/upp-mirror/out/UltimateBook
/MSC10.Gui.Main\UltimateBook-1.pdb -Tp L:\gp\upp-mirror\bazaar\UltimateBook\SrcDocs.cpp -FoL:/gp/upp-mirror/out/UltimateBook/MSC10.Gui.Main\SrcDocs. obj' ignore
d
/MSC10.Gui.Main\UltimateBook-1.pdb -Tp L:\gp\upp-mirror\bazaar\UltimateBook\main.cpp -FoL:/gp/upp-mirror/out/UltimateBook/MSC10.Gui.Main\main.obj ' ignored
UltimateBook: 3 file(s) built in (0:03.00), 1000 msecs / file, duration = 4687 msecs

OK. (0:04.75)
Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29600 is a reply to message #29597] Tue, 02 November 2010 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

This look like there is some problem with the arguments passed to the compiler, which is rather strange if it works for the rest of your packages. Could you post the verbose output (Setup > Be verbose), please? I don't use windows, so I can't test it directly...

Honza
Re: What are these file types - .scd .cache .tdx init [message #29605 is a reply to message #29600] Wed, 03 November 2010 12:04 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
I didn't have the assembly set up correctly. It's building ok now. Thanks.

Previous Topic: Can't browse filesystem in TheIDE
Next Topic: Error Compilation source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:34:04 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01134 seconds