Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » Feature request: DropGrid shifts to edit text mode if dynamic search results in 0 matches
Feature request: DropGrid shifts to edit text mode if dynamic search results in 0 matches [message #30257] Tue, 21 December 2010 02:38 Go to next message
alendar is currently offline  alendar
Hi,

I love GridCtrl and DropGrid, they are fantastic products. Would it be possible to enhance DropGrid to enact a StartEdit against the Value attribute if the dynamic match comes up with 0 matches?

This would be similar to the behavior of a Microsoft ComboListBox function.

I looked through the code but it's over my head. Somehow the value attribute in DropGrid has be related to an edit field. Is it displayed in the GridPopUpHeader::Paint?

Perhaps a function could be added to DropGrid, "DropGrid &EditOnNoMatch(bool b = true)".

If not, I'll just use the AddPlus().

Thanks,
Al

cd7651feeb698f6ac6cec1f6deda5e5b
Re: Feature request: DropGrid shifts to edit text mode if dynamic search results in 0 matches [message #30436 is a reply to message #30257] Fri, 31 December 2010 00:37 Go to previous message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

alendar wrote on Mon, 20 December 2010 20:38

Hi,

I love GridCtrl and DropGrid, they are fantastic products. Would it be possible to enhance DropGrid to enact a StartEdit against the Value attribute if the dynamic match comes up with 0 matches?

This would be similar to the behavior of a Microsoft ComboListBox function.

I looked through the code but it's over my head. Somehow the value attribute in DropGrid has be related to an edit field. Is it displayed in the GridPopUpHeader::Paint?

Perhaps a function could be added to DropGrid, "DropGrid &EditOnNoMatch(bool b = true)".

If not, I'll just use the AddPlus().

Thanks,
Al

Great you found gridctrl useful Smile As for your suggestion it's a bit complicated in current code but I'll see what I can do. Maybe it's not so hard to implement.
Previous Topic: ArrayCtrl : how to forbid editing of one row ?
Next Topic: ClearMultisort being called after total_cols reduced to 1 [BUG?]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:15:18 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02242 seconds