FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Packages for openSUSE
Packages for openSUSE [message #30437] Fri, 31 December 2010 02:18 Go to next message
Fisiu is currently offline  Fisiu
Hi,

I started build pacakges for openSUSE in obs (openSUSE Build Service). Do we need to ship ide directory with uppscr?

[Updated on: Fri, 31 December 2010 08:47] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Pacakges for openSUSE [message #30439 is a reply to message #30437] Fri, 31 December 2010 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
You mean if "ide" subdirectory inside uppsrc should be shipped with uppsrc, or you mean TheIDE binary?

In first case I think ide source is sort of integral part of uppsrc, and I don't see any good reason why to omit it. (by terms of license you of course can, but it doesn't make any sense to me)

In second case it's ok to split it, ubuntu packages are split too, especially as you can build TheIDE with different flags (NOGTK), also to build other U++ projects trough makefile you don't need TheIDE, but uppsrc is essential.
Re: Packages for openSUSE [message #30440 is a reply to message #30437] Fri, 31 December 2010 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Fisiu,

You have seen how I package the Arch packages (and the Ubuntu packages are the same). I would recommend you to follow the same structure - separate package for the source codes (the standard set is bazaar,reference,examples,uppsrc and tutorial) and another one for theide binary. As mr_ped said, ide sources are integral part of the framework (some other packages need to include ide to work properly!), so you should probably leave it there.

I hope you are aware that there are already RPM packages being released for stable versions (http://sourceforge.net/projects/upp/files/upp/2791/) and that there was even some attempt to buld packages in OBS https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=ultimatepp&a mp;project=Education(but it is apparently not updated). Maybe you could reuse a lot of information from those packages to save you work.

Anyway, if you can arrange regular builds in OBS, it would be definitely great for U++. So good luck and don't be afraid to ask here if you need help Wink

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Packages for openSUSE [message #30441 is a reply to message #30437] Fri, 31 December 2010 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dis some initial package in obs, in my home repository: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=ultimatepp&a mp;project=home%3AFisiu

I used our (suse) CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS with external Makefile (from http://gitorious.org/upp-mirror/upp-mirror/blobs/master/uppb ox/lpbuild/Makefile) but they aren't applied and rpmlint gives me "I: File is compiled without RPM_OPT_FLAGS". And because of that I can't push package to any official repository... So I need some workaround and build theide with custom {C,CXX}FLAGS...
Re: Packages for openSUSE [message #30442 is a reply to message #30441] Fri, 31 December 2010 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Fisiu wrote on Fri, 31 December 2010 15:06

I used our (suse) CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS with external Makefile (from http://gitorious.org/upp-mirror/upp-mirror/blobs/master/uppb ox/lpbuild/Makefile) but they aren't applied and rpmlint gives me "I: File is compiled without RPM_OPT_FLAGS". And because of that I can't push package to any official repository... So I need some workaround and build theide with custom {C,CXX}FLAGS...
The Makefile should support CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS variables. You can try setting VERBOSE=y to see the actual compiler commands, so that you see if the flags are used correctly. If not, than it is probably bug in the Makefile and I will have a look at it.

Honza

PS: I see you had successfully built the packages with the shipped Makefile. Does it help to pass the rpmlint test?
Re: Packages for openSUSE [message #30443 is a reply to message #30437] Fri, 31 December 2010 19:42 Go to previous message
I'm waiting for some review now. If it pass, I push this package to openSUSE Contrib repository Wink

Seems like shipped Makefile did that trick and It accepts given {C,CXX}FLAGS.

I got some RPMLINT warnings... Now I need to fix this one:
I: Program causes undefined operation
   (likely same variable used twice and post/pre incremented in the same expression).
   e.g. x = x++; Split it in two operations.
W: ultimatepp sequence-point CppBase/Parser.cpp:1210

Any ideas?

[Updated on: Mon, 03 January 2011 17:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Gentoo ebuild for Upp
Next Topic: Automatic nightly builds reastored - and reason(s) why it was failing (unodgs, please read :)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:52:49 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01047 seconds