Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Automatic nightly builds reastored - and reason(s) why it was failing (unodgs, please read :)
Automatic nightly builds reastored - and reason(s) why it was failing (unodgs, please read :) [message #30679] Sun, 16 January 2011 23:29 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I have noticed (quite late, apologies) that our nightly builds no google-code stopped at 12/31.

Now there probably were multiple issues (changed login, exceeded quota) but even after fixing all of these, process was failing.

The final reason was that TabBar package that is now part of ide.

The problem is that not all packages in uppsrc are exported to nightly builds - only those in uppsrc/packages (and uppsrc/packages1) are exported. With TabBar not being there, infrastructure had incomplete 'uppsrc' and failed to compiled theide.

So the moral of the story: If we add package to uppsrc, we must not forget to put it into uppsrc/packages Smile

Mirek
Re: Automatic nightly builds reastored - and reason(s) why it was failing (unodgs, please read :) [message #30688 is a reply to message #30679] Mon, 17 January 2011 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

mirek wrote on Sun, 16 January 2011 23:29

I have noticed (quite late, apologies) that our nightly builds no google-code stopped at 12/31.

Now there probably were multiple issues (changed login, exceeded quota) but even after fixing all of these, process was failing.

The final reason was that TabBar package that is now part of ide.

The problem is that not all packages in uppsrc are exported to nightly builds - only those in uppsrc/packages (and uppsrc/packages1) are exported. With TabBar not being there, infrastructure had incomplete 'uppsrc' and failed to compiled theide.

So the moral of the story: If we add package to uppsrc, we must not forget to put it into uppsrc/packages Smile

Mirek

Hi Mirek,

I'm afraid that I should take part of the responsibility for not noticing earlier. The launchpad builds were failing as well Embarassed Also I would like to say that I was not aware of this mechanism until today, even though I am pretty familiar with the build infrastructure.

Is there some special reason to limit uppsrce to certain packages? It is quite error prone I would say (e.g. RasterPlayer and XmlView are missing as of now...) Are you trying to save a bandwith or make the installer smaller? The first is not an issue if you use svn or just correctly set rsync. And the installer size won't change much if you add the three or four directories that are left out now.

I'd really recommend to reorganize it slightly, to use full copy to prevent failures like this in future and also to simplify the whole process.

Best regards,
Honza

PS: By "full copy" in the above paragraphs I mean only full copy of the five assemblies that are put in installer, no uppdev, uppbox etc.
Re: Automatic nightly builds reastored - and reason(s) why it was failing (unodgs, please read :) [message #30689 is a reply to message #30688] Mon, 17 January 2011 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
dolik.rce wrote on Mon, 17 January 2011 05:20

Also I would like to say that I was not aware of this mechanism until today, even though I am pretty familiar with the build infrastructure.

I had to remind myself as well, that is one of reason to post this here... Smile

Quote:

Is there some special reason to limit uppsrce to certain packages?

Well, to keep some 'legacy' packages out of releases, while having them there to support legacy code.

Seriously, it is more about some original projects using U++ (mine and Tom's) than anything else. I have even created 'uppsrc2' with intention to gradually move them there, but it takes time...

Mirek
Re: Automatic nightly builds reastored - and reason(s) why it was failing (unodgs, please read :) [message #30690 is a reply to message #30689] Mon, 17 January 2011 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

mirek wrote on Mon, 17 January 2011 11:43

Quote:

Is there some special reason to limit uppsrce to certain packages?
Well, to keep some 'legacy' packages out of releases, while having them there to support legacy code.

Well, then what about taking the opposite approach? Use a full copy and a blacklist that would eliminate the legacy packages from releases. The blacklist wouldn't change in time, so our forgetting would not be an issue Smile

Honza
Re: Automatic nightly builds reastored - and reason(s) why it was failing (unodgs, please read :) [message #30695 is a reply to message #30690] Mon, 17 January 2011 13:01 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
OK, will do that next time it goes bad Smile
Previous Topic: Packages for openSUSE
Next Topic: deb packages don't update user sources properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:52:36 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02232 seconds