Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » ZMQ library in U++ (inproc, IPC, TCP and multicast)
ZMQ library in U++ (inproc, IPC, TCP and multicast) [message #31423] Tue, 01 March 2011 17:18 Go to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

Hello all,

Thanks to Lionel(chickenk) for saving my time by proposing to integrate in U++ ZMQ(ZeroMQ, 0MQ) library.

The first step is ready and can be used.
I have attached the example and simple example with Hello World.

The ZMQ library reads my mind about integrating IPC, TCP communication in one library!

OK, I tested this only on linux OS (Ubuntu 10.10) an later will test on win32 OS.

In the evening I will upload this in the bazaar repository.

• Attachment: ZMQ.zip
    (Size: 209.69KB, Downloaded 379 times)
Re: ZMQ library in U++ (inproc, IPC, TCP and multicast) [message #31425 is a reply to message #31423] Tue, 01 March 2011 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chickenk is currently offline  chickenk
Experienced Member
Wooooow! Awesome!

I just can't wait to test this. I'll do it ASAP and try to give some feedback.

Thanks for having a look and being seduced as much as I was first time I discovered ZeroMQ...

Lionel
Re: ZMQ library in U++ (inproc, IPC, TCP and multicast) [message #31488 is a reply to message #31425] Sun, 06 March 2011 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

Ok,

Now, the ZMQ library in U++ can be compiled under POSIX (tested on Ubuntu 10.10 32bit) and win32 (tested on windows XP SP3).
The latest version can be found in the svn repository (in bazaar folder).

If somebody is interested of testing and using this library I'm open for discussion.

In the near future I will integrate this library in my projects and try to write a little documentation of the ZMQ classes and methods.
Re: ZMQ library in U++ (inproc, IPC, TCP and multicast) [message #37443 is a reply to message #31488] Sat, 06 October 2012 19:52 Go to previous message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

Hello!
I tried ZMQ located in the bazaar, but the work was very unstable. I downloaded the latest version of the ZMQ, repeated integration with U++, then got a lot more stable, but still occasionally drops by mistake Invalid Memory Access. Maybe there are some subtleties to work with ZMQ?

PS
To Work with the package I create ZMQ C++ Helper. Let see on it.May mistake in my helper?

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Previous Topic: Class method called by keyboard hook callback has an empty "this" pointer
Next Topic: A hidden docked ctrl steals focus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:48:12 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01590 seconds