Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Weired appearance of GUI elements
Weired appearance of GUI elements [message #31789] Mon, 28 March 2011 08:00 Go to next message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hi there,

im having this problem, and can't an explanation for it.. any ideas what's wrong? the sizes of the head spacers seem to be misleading..
it changes sometimes when adding new stuff to application..
  • Attachment: weired.JPG
    (Size: 43.76KB, Downloaded 421 times)
Re: Weired appearance of GUI elements [message #31795 is a reply to message #31789] Mon, 28 March 2011 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MatthiasG is currently offline  MatthiasG
Promising Member
hello,

i have seen something similar with the TabCtrls in my program. when compiled in debug mode the tab-headers are way too small. if i compile in optimal mode everything is fine though... couldn't find the source of this error till now though...

Re: Weired appearance of GUI elements [message #31796 is a reply to message #31789] Mon, 28 March 2011 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerson is currently offline  jerson
Experienced Member

I have seen this kind of behaviour when choosing auto-springs for widgets on the layout. If I use the left-top springs, nothing bad happens.
Re: Weired appearance of GUI elements [message #31797 is a reply to message #31795] Mon, 28 March 2011 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
well it pretty much looks like there is an issue with some kind of initial values then, or, even worse, memory corruption/overwrites..
Re: Weired appearance of GUI elements [message #31798 is a reply to message #31789] Mon, 28 March 2011 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi kohait

It doesn't look like a problem with springs, there are artifacts which are unrelated to springs (e.g. the height of menu bar)...

Is it reproducible? Did you try to compile on different machine or different options? Did you try full recompile (bomb button)? Could you post the code? (Or even better just a simplified example Wink ).

Honza
Re: Weired appearance of GUI elements [message #31799 is a reply to message #31798] Mon, 28 March 2011 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hi again,

i dont know, if my problem is the same as kohaits, but...
in tabctrl.cpp at the beginning there is something like:

CH_STYLE(TabCtrl, Style, StyleDefault)
{
	font = StdFont();
	tabheight = font.Info().GetHeight() + 8;

if i run my program in debug mode, the font.Info().GetHeight() call returns 0. Running in Optimal mode returns 13.
Couldn't reproduce this problem in a simple testcase though, so i think the error is somewhere in my own code...
Re: Weired appearance of GUI elements [message #31801 is a reply to message #31799] Mon, 28 March 2011 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
same with me here, in OPTIMAL using MSC this thing just looks as expected, debug spews the problems..
EDIT: and one more: TDM GCC yields the same thing in debug mode. so it has to be on code side somewhere, depending on debug.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 March 2011 18:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weired appearance of GUI elements [message #31805 is a reply to message #31801] Tue, 29 March 2011 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
ok, seems i found my error. had a static GridCtrl member in a class like in this thread: http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th= 4820&goto=24145#msg_24145
Replaced it, and everything is ok now.
Perhaps your problem is the same kohait...

Matthias

Re: Weired appearance of GUI elements [message #31808 is a reply to message #31805] Tue, 29 March 2011 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor
thanks matthias,

i've posted a comment on this issue in the other thread. there is a simplified testcase which produces same results.

intrestingly enough, it doesnt occure always..depends on static init order..the old problem Smile
thanks for the hint. i'll try to solve it somehow..
Re: Weired appearance of GUI elements [message #32889 is a reply to message #31789] Fri, 17 June 2011 22:07 Go to previous message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
I had a similar issue as this.
In dlg.lay it looked OK.
When the app was run the EditField was about 6 times as high as it should have been, 3 up/down, that was white but the text was where it should be.

I just spent a bunch of time deleting that field, replacing, changing location, etc.. It just happened when it was in the third row down.

That was about 3 or 4 months ago, maybe the U++ update fixed it as there has been no problems since then.
Previous Topic: Add new color Standard convertions RGB <-> Cie XYZ <-> Cie L*a*b*
Next Topic: Linking problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:48:53 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01531 seconds