Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Rainbow Framebuffer - theide running
Rainbow Framebuffer - theide running [message #33285] Fri, 22 July 2011 15:44 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
TheIDE running on framebuffer backend:

index.php?t=getfile&id=3390&private=0
Re: Rainbow Framebuffer - theide running [message #33286 is a reply to message #33285] Fri, 22 July 2011 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Wow!

Great!

I brought up the subject of window borders (simulating windows on a flat drawing canvas) and the support Rainbow has for this. I didn't quite understand the details of this, so now is a good time to ask again. I see that the windows have titlebars and buttons. These are managed by the specific Rainbow backend, in this case WinFB? There is code in the backend to draw window borders and handle mouse events on these borders? Simulating what normally is done by Windows or X11?
Re: Rainbow Framebuffer - theide running [message #33292 is a reply to message #33286] Fri, 22 July 2011 19:46 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Fri, 22 July 2011 09:54

Wow!

Great!

I brought up the subject of window borders (simulating windows on a flat drawing canvas) and the support Rainbow has for this. I didn't quite understand the details of this, so now is a good time to ask again. I see that the windows have titlebars and buttons. These are managed by the specific Rainbow backend, in this case WinFB?

Yes.

Quote:

There is code in the backend to draw window borders and handle mouse events on these borders? Simulating what normally is done by Windows or X11?

Exactly. Now, it is possible that if ever FB is used for embedded devices, all of this effort is a little bit overkill, as I think that on embedded, there will be no windows.

But FB is also "proof of concept" for rainbow. So I wanted to have it complete...

NOTE: Implementation-wise, those window borders are somewhat hacked solution - FB Ctrl code basically implements borderless windows with owners and TopWindow is implemented as "sort of" owned (only for internal implementation) by TopWindowFrame (but it is not visible outside of Framebuffer Ctrl implementation).
Previous Topic: Porting Upp to SDL first ? (cause of MacOSX & framebuffer)
Next Topic: Docking
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:54:44 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01576 seconds