Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Docking
Docking [message #33340] Tue, 26 July 2011 09:01 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Now, with Docking framework (by mrjt) temporarily broken, I think that with fixing this thing, it is about the time to move it to uppsrc proper.

I believe that the proper fix of Docking framework involves adding API to CtrlCore to somehow handle "WM_MOVING" problem (we need to track moving the topwindow). Perhaps by doing so, the current problem would disappear anyway... Smile I guess the problem there is to do this in X11, however I have checked and at least openoffice is capable of doing just that. The only question is whether it is using regular windows or solves the problem by emulating them...

Then I have spotted several minor problems in Docking that should be fixed.

Well, whatever, are the any volunteers to take over this nice piece of code?
Re: Docking [message #33344 is a reply to message #33340] Tue, 26 July 2011 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

mirek wrote on Tue, 26 July 2011 10:01

Now, with Docking framework (by mrjt) temporarily broken, I think that with fixing this thing, it is about the time to move it to uppsrc proper.

I believe that the proper fix of Docking framework involves adding API to CtrlCore to somehow handle "WM_MOVING" problem (we need to track moving the topwindow). Perhaps by doing so, the current problem would disappear anyway... Smile I guess the problem there is to do this in X11, however I have checked and at least openoffice is capable of doing just that. The only question is whether it is using regular windows or solves the problem by emulating them...

Then I have spotted several minor problems in Docking that should be fixed.

Well, whatever, are the any volunteers to take over this nice piece of code?

I made some changes in docking (not updated in svn), Will be good to implement my changes too. I can do this.
For hints can I ask you?
Re: Docking [message #33345 is a reply to message #33340] Tue, 26 July 2011 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Has mrjt abandoned Docking?
Re: Docking [message #33347 is a reply to message #33345] Tue, 26 July 2011 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
unodgs wrote on Tue, 26 July 2011 15:58

Has mrjt abandoned Docking?

Well,

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=5995& amp;start=0&

I doubt he has now time/energy for fixing and finishing. Also, from what I have seen in the code, we really need some support in CtrlCore (that moving the window stuff).

Mirek
Re: Docking [message #33359 is a reply to message #33347] Wed, 27 July 2011 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
At least it's working in Linux. Smile
Re: Docking [message #33369 is a reply to message #33359] Thu, 28 July 2011 22:52 Go to previous message
281264 is currently offline  281264
Experienced Member
Thank you very much for fixing Docking. I really appreciate it.

Many thanks chaps.

Best wishes,

Javier
Previous Topic: Rainbow Framebuffer - theide running
Next Topic: TheIde new look and new features
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:00:57 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01383 seconds