Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » _NET_WM_PING, _NET_WM_PID troubles
_NET_WM_PING, _NET_WM_PID troubles [message #33837] Sat, 17 September 2011 14:13 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hi everybody,

I wished to add WM_PING / WM_PID support for U++ topwindows.

I am successfill with WM_PING I guess - if I 'freeze' the window, pressing close button indeed invokes termination dialog after a while.

Unfortunately, saying yes in this dialog closes the window, but does not kill the process, which obviously is not right...

I have already spent about 8 hours trying everything to no success. I guess I need external fresh view of the isseue. Any ideas?

(The relevant code is in CtrlCore/TopWinX11.cpp, search for WM_PING and WM_PID)

Mirek
Re: _NET_WM_PING, _NET_WM_PID troubles [message #33838 is a reply to message #33837] Sat, 17 September 2011 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
P.S.: I am using upptst/freeze as testing app...
Re: _NET_WM_PING, _NET_WM_PID troubles [message #33841 is a reply to message #33838] Sat, 17 September 2011 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Mirek,

I tested on Xfce 4.8.2, U++ revision 3869, compiled with GCC and Clang in Debug mode. It works as expected for me. The freezed application is correctly terminated by KILL signal after clicking on yes in the "do you want to kill the unresponding window" dialog... The error might be in the desktop environment/window manager you use, not in U++ Wink

Best regards,
Honza
Re: _NET_WM_PING, _NET_WM_PID troubles [message #33842 is a reply to message #33841] Sat, 17 September 2011 22:57 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
dolik.rce wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 14:07

Hi Mirek,

I tested on Xfce 4.8.2, U++ revision 3869, compiled with GCC and Clang in Debug mode. It works as expected for me. The freezed application is correctly terminated by KILL signal after clicking on yes in the "do you want to kill the unresponding window" dialog... The error might be in the desktop environment/window manager you use, not in U++ Wink

Best regards,
Honza

Well, I am using debian 5 with gnome...

Mirek
Previous Topic: Read MIDI Event and Device
Next Topic: Dark Themes support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:51:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01453 seconds