Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » ctrl tip causing app to freeze
ctrl tip causing app to freeze [message #33998] Sat, 08 October 2011 02:31 Go to next message
bushman is currently offline  bushman
Experienced Member
Hello GREAT U++ community!

I don't know if other members have experienced the same, but my progs freeze sporadically when using tooltip messages with U++ Ctrl's.

Can't supply test case, since it happens randomly and unpredictably. Looks like programs enter an endless loop, sometimes the little yellow box is even drawn with shading and everything, but the prog freezes usually right before the tip message is about to show.

Using run in debugger option is useless to detect anything, of course, since program simply never turns back until stop debugging is selected and program is terminated.

I'm running Windows seven on my machine, but the same also happened a couple times in other Windows Seven boxes too.

Any hints, clues or suggestions on possible causes highly appreciated, since it's driving me crazy Shocked .

I hope I'm reporting this message to the appropriate section of this Forum.

Thanks!

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2011 03:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ctrl tip causing app to freeze [message #34047 is a reply to message #33998] Thu, 13 October 2011 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
kropniczki wrote on Fri, 07 October 2011 20:31

Hello GREAT U++ community!

I don't know if other members have experienced the same, but my progs freeze sporadically when using tooltip messages with U++ Ctrl's.

Can't supply test case, since it happens randomly and unpredictably. Looks like programs enter an endless loop, sometimes the little yellow box is even drawn with shading and everything, but the prog freezes usually right before the tip message is about to show.

Using run in debugger option is useless to detect anything, of course, since program simply never turns back until stop debugging is selected and program is terminated.

I'm running Windows seven on my machine, but the same also happened a couple times in other Windows Seven boxes too.

Any hints, clues or suggestions on possible causes highly appreciated, since it's driving me crazy Shocked .

I hope I'm reporting this message to the appropriate section of this Forum.

Thanks!

I remember fixing related bug sometimes this year, are you svn trunk or nightly release?

Mirek
Re: ctrl tip causing app to freeze [message #34060 is a reply to message #34047] Fri, 14 October 2011 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Quote:

I remember fixing related bug sometimes this year, are you svn trunk or nightly release?

Well, I'm not sure if I get your point. I downloaded and installed current release 3211 from link http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=9397 0&filename=upp-win32-3211.exe(Win32 installer), if that's what you mean.
I actually downloaded fresh svn sources, but I'm not sure about how to use them. Should I just replace the installed C:\upp\uppsrc folder by the one I downloaded to ...\my-upp-mirror\uppsrc and click on "Rebuild All" (IDE toolbar bomb button)?
Do you think it may work and eliminate the problem?

many thanks.
Re: ctrl tip causing app to freeze [message #34061 is a reply to message #34047] Fri, 14 October 2011 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Ok, after a quick Upp search now I know what you mean by a "nightly release", sorry for that.
Is it the case that the patch you applied is in the svn but not in the nightly release, or the other way around? I'm afraid I don't get it, sorry.

Anyway, which one should I use?

Thank you again!
Re: ctrl tip causing app to freeze [message #34068 is a reply to message #33998] Fri, 14 October 2011 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently online  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Nightly are built every night, so by using latest nightly you are almost on "SVN" level, but you don't have to compile.

In case there's some bug fixing going on, then using SVN is even better, because nightly is 1 day behind, but in case you are not in hurry: just wait 2-3 days till the dust settles down, get nightly, then report any unfixed bugs. Nightly release is good enough to report bugs from it. (of course you should test the bug with the fresh nightly Smile )
Re: ctrl tip causing app to freeze [message #34069 is a reply to message #34060] Fri, 14 October 2011 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
kropniczki wrote on Thu, 13 October 2011 21:22

Quote:

Well, I'm not sure if I get your point. I downloaded and installed current release 3211 from link http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=9397 0&filename=upp-win32-3211.exe(Win32 installer), if that's what you mean.
I actually downloaded fresh svn sources, but I'm not sure about how to use them. Should I just replace the installed C:\upp\uppsrc folder by the one I downloaded to ...\my-upp-mirror\uppsrc and click on "Rebuild All" (IDE toolbar bomb button)?

Yes.

Quote:

Do you think it may work and eliminate the problem?

I hope so Smile

Mirek
Re: ctrl tip causing app to freeze [message #34076 is a reply to message #34068] Fri, 14 October 2011 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thank you, Mr_ped, for your clarifications!
Re: ctrl tip causing app to freeze [message #34077 is a reply to message #34069] Fri, 14 October 2011 20:09 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Done as advised, I'll keep you posted if bug persists.

Thank you Mirek!
Previous Topic: libtiff: update to release 3.9.5
Next Topic: Strange printouts on Linux console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:25:46 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01368 seconds