Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Trouble with SizePos...
Trouble with SizePos... [message #34517] Sat, 26 November 2011 17:13 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
One of expected features of U++ web framework (I guess, we need a name for it, W++ is stupid, but will do for now) is possibility to design forms in Layout designer.

There, I can do LeftPos / RightPos (and Top,Bottom) equivalents easily:

<input type="text" style="width:40em;position:absolute;left:20em;top:20em" name="firstname" />
<input type="text" style="width:40em;position:absolute;right:20em;top:20em" name="firstname" />

but it is not possible to do SizePos this way (it can be either left or right, not both).

I have tried doing this with margins, but problem there is that in that case, html layout engine does not allow me to "overlap" widgets (so I cannot e.g. place label in the margin area).

Do I have to do this in JavaScript (and how?), or there is some other possiblity?

Note that the result should be compatible with U++ layouts...

Mirek
Re: Trouble with SizePos... [message #34520 is a reply to message #34517] Sat, 26 November 2011 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

This works fine for me (in chromium 17):
<span style="position:absolute;">label</span>
<input type="text" style="position:absolute;margin-left:10em;left:0;right:0;" name="firstname" />

If it causes some problems in other browsers, possible workaround might be to use layers ("z-index" in CSS), butit should not be necessary.

Honza

PS: Actually, specifying both left and right seems to work too:
<span style="position:absolute;">label</span>
<input type="text" style="position:absolute;left:10em;right:0;" name="firstname" />

[Updated on: Sat, 26 November 2011 18:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Trouble with SizePos... [message #34522 is a reply to message #34520] Sat, 26 November 2011 19:46 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, does not work with Firefox, but I have found alternate solution + I have identified one problem that confused me before:

In firefox, 'em' units for elements are in font size of that element. And input element has different than 'default' font... Means placing labels was using different units...

Anyway, this appears to work, at least for horizontal size:

<div style="width:30em;position:absolute;right:20em;top:30em">30</div>

<div style="height:100%;margin-left:4em;margin-right:4em;margin-top:4em;margin-bottom:4em">
<input type="text" style="width:100%;height:100%" name="firstname" />
</div>

<div style="width:30em;position:absolute;right:15em;top:30em">
<input type="button" />
</div>

(note that we have to put positions to 'div' to have consistent units)
Previous Topic: Little experiment compiling to function pointer calls...
Next Topic: Development ToDo finalized
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:20:15 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02846 seconds