Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Accessing controls in layout within ArrayCtrl
Accessing controls in layout within ArrayCtrl [message #35030] Fri, 30 December 2011 13:24 Go to next message
unknown is currently offline  unknown
Hello all, I hope you can help me get a grip on the following problem.

I have created an ArrayCtrl where every line has a small layout defined in the .lay file. It consists of a number of different options, dropdowns and text fields. They get added fine and I can type texts and select options. The only problem I am having is:

How to access single controls of an ArrayCtrl entry?

Let's say I have a text box on the third row of the ArrayCtrl, how would I add a text to it later on in my code?

I hope I managed to explain what I would like to do, if anyone needs more information I will be happy to supply. Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 December 2011 13:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Accessing controls in layout within ArrayCtrl [message #35031 is a reply to message #35030] Fri, 30 December 2011 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Welcome unknown

I am not an ArrayCtrl expert, but I would do this:

- Imagine your small layout is of class MyRow to be included in ArrayCtrl arr
- In the class where ArrayCtrl arr is included, I would add an Array<MyRow> myRows
- Every time you add a row in your ArrayCtrl arr with arr.Add(data1, data2, ...), you should have to do a arr.SetCtrl(row, col, myRows.Add().SizePos());
- To access a particular data in a row, just do myRows[i].data = "My data";

Is it right?

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: Accessing controls in layout within ArrayCtrl [message #35036 is a reply to message #35030] Sun, 01 January 2012 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sender Ghost is currently offline  Sender Ghost
Hello.

unknown wrote on Fri, 30 December 2011 13:24

How to access single controls of an ArrayCtrl entry?

It depends on how you create ArrayCtrl column(s). In the following case:
ArrayCtrl list;
// ...
list.AddColumn("Composite").Ctrls<CompositeCtrl>();
list.SetLineCy(CompositeCtrl::GetLayoutSize().cy);

unknown wrote on Fri, 30 December 2011 13:24

Let's say I have a text box on the third row of the ArrayCtrl, how would I add a text to it later on in my code?

// CompositeCtrl at third row and second column
CompositeCtrl *ctrl = static_cast<CompositeCtrl *>(list.GetCtrl(2, 1));

if (ctrl)
	ctrl->text <<= "Some text";

The full example you could find in the attachments.
Re: Accessing controls in layout within ArrayCtrl [message #35098 is a reply to message #35030] Wed, 11 January 2012 11:37 Go to previous message
unknown is currently offline  unknown
Thank you kindly for both of your replies. It looks like SenderGhost's solution will be easy to implement for me in the current situation.

I guess I should think about finally learning some 'real' C++ and U++ so I can solve this kind of situations for myself. Until I do I might have more of these simple questions, but it seems this forum is very kind to newbies Smile
Previous Topic: U++ App for linux
Next Topic: First time with upp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:18:51 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01866 seconds