Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Think bigger think higher!
Think bigger think higher! [message #2822] Wed, 26 April 2006 14:26 Go to next message
_Seven_ is currently offline  _Seven_
Hi. Well in a post that i placed here for a short time i touched in a flaw that the team of U++ have. If this team have some to teach, some to show for everyone they might do a tutorial explaning that! With the examples that exists on the web site i can see that with the libraries that are included in U++ we can create GUI programs most faster and easier. So let's make a effort to create a good tutorial that explain how work with libraries. Would be so nice!Think bigger think higher! With this lots of people will join on the community!
Re: Think bigger think higher! [message #2823 is a reply to message #2822] Wed, 26 April 2006 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
_Seven_ wrote on Wed, 26 April 2006 08:26

Hi. Well in a post that i placed here for a short time i touched in a flaw that the team of U++ have. If this team have some to teach, some to show for everyone they might do a tutorial explaning that! With the examples that exists on the web site i can see that with the libraries that are included in U++ we can create GUI programs most faster and easier. So let's make a effort to create a good tutorial that explain how work with libraries. Would be so nice!Think bigger think higher! With this lots of people will join on the community!

Already in progress, comments welcome:

http://upp.sourceforge.net/srcdoc$CtrlLib$Tutorial$en-us.htm l

Mirek
Re: Think bigger think higher! [message #2827 is a reply to message #2823] Wed, 26 April 2006 23:06 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
luzr wrote on Wed, 26 April 2006 17:40

Already in progress, comments welcome:

http://upp.sourceforge.net/srcdoc$CtrlLib$Tutorial$en-us.htm l

Mirek

Excellent.
All the examples should be like those you prepared with few widgets in order to not distract the beginners. Instead who has more experience will appreciate how it is simple to let appear a window with no effort in contrast to other well know GUI that are proude of their verbosity.

Of course some more complex example is welcome, but later. I invite the forum community to post some more elaborate example. Maybe treating some widget that has not yet been covered. I'm sure that in the MyApps assembly there are many experiements we have done. That code that we believe is useless can be instead very useful for beginners.

Luigi
Previous Topic: Qt/Windows Open Source
Next Topic: A completely new Linux experience....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:56:15 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.89375 seconds