Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » Topic++ - Font selector >3 fonts [FEATURE REQUEST][IN PROGRESS?]
Topic++ - Font selector >3 fonts [FEATURE REQUEST][IN PROGRESS?] [message #2832] Thu, 27 April 2006 09:42 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

I know that because of portability problem in topic there are only 3 types of fonts available. But very often I need to put custom font. Modyfing by hand tpp file is very annoying and troublesome.

Could this be changed? (That 3 standard fonts can be listed as first and separated by line..)

[Updated on: Tue, 02 May 2006 04:24] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Topic++ - Font selector [message #2833 is a reply to message #2832] Thu, 27 April 2006 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Interesting, I never needed any other font last 7 years, so sticking with those basic 3 fonts looks like a good idea. Not also that those 3 fonts (sansserif, serif and monospaced) is exactly what html/css and linux/fontconfig support.

Anyway, supporting more fonts is obviuously possible. Maybe as an option?

Mirek
Re: Topic++ - Font selector [message #2838 is a reply to message #2833] Thu, 27 April 2006 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
OK, Topic editor/Edit/All fonts.

Mirek
Re: Topic++ - Font selector [message #2840 is a reply to message #2838] Thu, 27 April 2006 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

luzr wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 15:13

OK, Topic editor/Edit/All fonts.

Mirek

Thanks Mirek!

(For what I need it? Today at work I wrote a small tool to generate vacation request document (I don't know if I used proper words..). Unfortunately, the report had to have exactely the same layout like someone else defined. And in this layout Arial narrow font was used. I had to write perl script to change all G, R letter in qtf string to !arial narrow!..)

BTW: It would be also nice if one could set distance between lines (like in ms word 1, 1.5, 2..) (I know that I can set before and after values - but it is hard to find values to get the exactely the same distances like in ms word document)
Re: Topic++ - Font selector [message #2841 is a reply to message #2840] Thu, 27 April 2006 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
unodgs wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 15:41

BTW: It would be also nice if one could set distance between lines (like in ms word 1, 1.5, 2..) (I know that I can set before and after values - but it is hard to find values to get the exactely the same distances like in ms word document)

OK. Starting "RichEdit" section of ToDo Wink

Mirek
Re: Topic++ - Font selector [message #13869 is a reply to message #2841] Wed, 30 January 2008 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Just wondering the status of this for TheIDE's editor. I have seen that there are more fonts in there now, but I cannot use Courier New with size 10? Can I fix this myself? Can support be built in to select any of the fonts installed in the system for use in the editor?
Re: Topic++ - Font selector [message #18251 is a reply to message #13869] Thu, 18 September 2008 22:28 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
captainc wrote on Wed, 30 January 2008 10:22

Just wondering the status of this for TheIDE's editor. I have seen that there are more fonts in there now, but I cannot use Courier New with size 10? Can I fix this myself? Can support be built in to select any of the fonts installed in the system for use in the editor?

Well, if you cannot use "10", it is because it is on the screen exactly the same font as "9" (or anything lower that really is in the list).

In other words, there is algorithm that queries the real screen height in pixels and does not list duplicate entries.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Insert Image in Topic++
Next Topic: compiler output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:18:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03135 seconds