Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » TheIDE: adding certain images to an .iml empties the file
TheIDE: adding certain images to an .iml empties the file [message #35250] Wed, 25 January 2012 12:36 Go to next message
Alboni is currently offline  Alboni
Experienced Member
When I insert from file certain images the .iml file is suddely empty. I attached one of these. For now I use copy and paste as a workaround, but that means redoing the transparancy.
  • Attachment: 2tgr.png
    (Size: 2.64KB, Downloaded 254 times)
Re: TheIDE: adding certain images to an .iml empties the file [message #35251 is a reply to message #35250] Wed, 25 January 2012 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Thanks for reporting will look into it soon.
Re: TheIDE: adding certain images to an .iml empties the file [message #35266 is a reply to message #35251] Fri, 27 January 2012 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
I am afraid I was not successfull reproducing this. I have inserted provided .png without problems.

Could you please provide more detailed 'walkthrough' leading to the bug? Eventually with .iml file affected...

Mirek
Re: TheIDE: adding certain images to an .iml empties the file [message #35272 is a reply to message #35250] Fri, 27 January 2012 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi Mirek.
I do it like this: (and it works every time)

1)
Create a new package "testpackage", type Ctrlib application with main window. I tick the box Imagelist file, and clear the box "Use SSE". Everyting else is default. Now create the package.

2)Select testpackage.iml, and choose 'Insert from files(s)' from the context menu and choose the image I supplied earlier. I shows ok.

3)Select another tab, for example "testpackage.lay" and then again select testpackage.iml. There are no images anymore. Ones that were added earlier have now also disappeared.

My System is Windows Xp service pack 3.
I use TheIDe build 4193 and MsVisual C++ 2010 Express.

I added a zip file to this post.
It contains:
* 2 iml files:
1.iml has a .gif of a plant added to it.
2.iml is the same iml after inserting the insulting image.
* a folder with the project, the plant image and the red table

[Updated on: Fri, 27 January 2012 23:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TheIDE: adding certain images to an .iml empties the file [message #35279 is a reply to message #35272] Sat, 28 January 2012 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Thanks, in the end it was 'caused' by filename starting with digit, which resulted in invalid id of Image, which could not been reloaded later.

Now fixed.

Mirek
Re: TheIDE: adding certain images to an .iml empties the file [message #35282 is a reply to message #35250] Sat, 28 January 2012 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
thanks!
Re: TheIDE: adding certain images to an .iml empties the file [message #35284 is a reply to message #35282] Sat, 28 January 2012 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
So, how do you reference an image from a file starting with a number? (Not that I would now that I know)
Re: TheIDE: adding certain images to an .iml empties the file [message #35285 is a reply to message #35284] Sat, 28 January 2012 18:37 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Alboni wrote on Sat, 28 January 2012 12:33

So, how do you reference an image from a file starting with a number? (Not that I would now that I know)

You do not. Just rename the Image.

The fix involves adding '_' before the name of image in this case..
Previous Topic: In MSC Builder, linking a lib with *many* objects gives an error
Next Topic: F12 Behavior
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:14:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01909 seconds