Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » pimp Stream for protocol generation/processing
pimp Stream for protocol generation/processing [message #35630] Thu, 08 March 2012 10:50 Go to next message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hi there

Stream is quite a usefull thing. could be used to actually serialize/deserialize custom communication protocols. but it has no very slim virtual interface only. it's be great to be able to override them, to realize custom serialisation/deserialization.

any comments? should i provide a draft/patch?
Re: pimp Stream for protocol generation/processing [message #35640 is a reply to message #35630] Fri, 09 March 2012 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
kohait00 wrote on Thu, 08 March 2012 04:50

but it has no very slim virtual interface only.

Sorry, I do not understand what this is supposed to mean...

BTW, any changes to Stream should take into account that we need Put and Get definitions to be exactly as they are, for performance reasons...

Mirek
Re: pimp Stream for protocol generation/processing [message #35646 is a reply to message #35640] Fri, 09 March 2012 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
ofcorse...

i didnt mean to change those..

slim interface means, that the GetPut's are not virtual. thus not overrideable..

stream has a lot of potential for protocol handling, not only as a data connection point. but it should be esier customizable..
Re: pimp Stream for protocol generation/processing [message #35647 is a reply to message #35646] Fri, 09 March 2012 18:43 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
kohait00 wrote on Fri, 09 March 2012 12:31

ofcorse...

i didnt mean to change those..

slim interface means, that the GetPut's are not virtual. thus not overrideable..

But that is the point. Basic Get Put cannot be virtual, because we want it inlined. Otherwise our performance would be subpar..

Mirek
Previous Topic: NetNode Win32 code addition
Next Topic: RectTracker : usage of the callback sync
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:19:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01552 seconds