Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » GridCtrl copy/paste extra columns
GridCtrl copy/paste extra columns [message #35779] Wed, 21 March 2012 00:44 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Hi Daniel,

When I select a block of cells using ctrl+mouse and then paste into Excel I get an extra column of blank cells. I am used to this as it has always happened (since you kindly added copy-paste functionality to GridCtrl) but thought I would mention it here as it may be connected to the issue below.

When I copy from Excel into GridCtrl and the last column is pasted into an Option column, the 1s in the column do not get translated into checked options in the GridCtrl. In general, the option ctrls copy and paste into excel as either 1s or 0s and they paste back into the GridCtrl fine too (1s become checked options) but the last column does not get set correctly if it is options. A workaround for this is to copy and paste an extra column of blanks which is then ignored.

Hope this is enough to recreate the issue.

Cheers,

Nick

Re: GridCtrl copy/paste extra columns [message #35783 is a reply to message #35779] Wed, 21 March 2012 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Thanks! I'll take a look at it.
Re: GridCtrl copy/paste extra columns [message #37881 is a reply to message #35783] Mon, 19 November 2012 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has there been any progress on this? I am using 5503 and still see the same behaviour.

Thanks,

Nick
Re: GridCtrl copy/paste extra columns [message #37883 is a reply to message #37881] Mon, 19 November 2012 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

nixnixnix wrote on Mon, 19 November 2012 13:20

Has there been any progress on this? I am using 5503 and still see the same behaviour.

Thanks,

Nick

Thank you for remembering me that one Smile I completely forgot about it. Coping to my desktop note..
Re: GridCtrl copy/paste extra columns [message #37888 is a reply to message #37883] Tue, 20 November 2012 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool! While you're in there, any chance we could get a select all (Ctrl+A) added to the menu please? Very Happy
Re: GridCtrl copy/paste extra columns [message #38137 is a reply to message #35779] Sun, 02 December 2012 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

nixnixnix wrote on Tue, 20 March 2012 19:44

Hi
When I select a block of cells using ctrl+mouse and then paste into Excel I get an extra column of blank cells. I am used to this as it has always happened (since you kindly added copy-paste functionality to GridCtrl) but thought I would mention it here as it may be connected to the issue below.

Fixed
Quote:

When I copy from Excel into GridCtrl and the last column is pasted into an Option column, the 1s in the column do not get translated into checked options in the GridCtrl. In general, the option ctrls copy and paste into excel as either 1s or 0s and they paste back into the GridCtrl fine too (1s become checked options) but the last column does not get set correctly if it is options. A workaround for this is to copy and paste an extra column of blanks which is then ignored.

Fixed
Re: GridCtrl copy/paste extra columns [message #38138 is a reply to message #37888] Sun, 02 December 2012 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

nixnixnix wrote on Mon, 19 November 2012 22:39

Cool! While you're in there, any chance we could get a select all (Ctrl+A) added to the menu please? Very Happy

Added
Re: GridCtrl copy/paste extra columns [message #38152 is a reply to message #38138] Mon, 03 December 2012 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fantastic! Thanks Daniel.

What version should I look out for?

Nick
Re: GridCtrl copy/paste extra columns [message #38166 is a reply to message #38152] Mon, 03 December 2012 08:17 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

nixnixnix wrote on Sun, 02 December 2012 20:15

Fantastic! Thanks Daniel.

What version should I look out for?

Nick

The latest svn
Previous Topic: void SetDisplay(int r, int c, GridDisplay& gd);
Next Topic: ArrayCtrl Xmlize
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:40:37 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01074 seconds