Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Funny problem: Need some stable link to big file (~20MB)
Funny problem: Need some stable link to big file (~20MB) [message #36025] Thu, 19 April 2012 20:04 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hi,

I need a tip to finish GuiWebDownload reference example. It is supposed to show how to directly store data coming through HttpRequest into file and how to add GUI to the process.

However, to make it nice, I would like to have some predefined example URL there, something that is relatively persistent. It should be in megabytes range (so that progress has time to demonstrate itself).

Any tips?

(Note: reference/GuiWebDownload is already available to get a clue...)

Mirek
Re: Funny problem: Need some stable link to big file (~20MB) [message #36027 is a reply to message #36025] Thu, 19 April 2012 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

I think the best think that can be downloaded from stable link is U++ itself Very Happy E.g.: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/upp/upp/4179/upp-x1 1-src-4179.tar.gz However, it requires redirect, does does the GuiWebDownload support that?

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Funny problem: Need some stable link to big file (~20MB) [message #36029 is a reply to message #36027] Fri, 20 April 2012 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
dolik.rce wrote on Thu, 19 April 2012 15:13

I think the best think that can be downloaded from stable link is U++ itself Very Happy E.g.:

Stupid me! I was thinking about a good url for at least 20 minutes, and missed this obvious one...

Quote:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/upp/upp/4179/upp-x1 1-src-4179.tar.gz However, it requires redirect, does does the GuiWebDownload support that?

Sure. It evens copies cookies Smile

Interestingly, the first job for new HttpRequest was testing thousands of ads urls to be functional. You would not believe the things various sites are doing with HTTP Smile But it was definitely quite a good test.

Mirek
Re: Funny problem: Need some stable link to big file (~20MB) [message #36032 is a reply to message #36029] Fri, 20 April 2012 08:27 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

mirek wrote on Fri, 20 April 2012 00:39

Interestingly, the first job for new HttpRequest was testing thousands of ads urls to be functional. You would not believe the things various sites are doing with HTTP Smile But it was definitely quite a good test.

I would... After a year of working in the ad industry, I believe anything Very Happy

Honza
Previous Topic: Subforum for collaboration on commercial projects
Next Topic: Future of SW menu is HUD?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:09:35 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04353 seconds