Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Compiling issue with U++ 5010
Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36460] Tue, 29 May 2012 10:39 Go to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hello,

I would like to inform that I got a compiling problem with last update of U++ (5010). I use MSC9 or MSC10 under Win XP and in debug mode (either enabling blitz or not), I got the following error:

---- GridCtrl ( GUI MT MSC9 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL WIN32 MSC ) (8 / 32)
GridCtrl.cpp
d:\materiel\upp\uppsrc\core\JSON.h(114) : error C2039: 'Jsonize' : is not a member of 'Upp::Value'
        d:\materiel\upp\uppsrc\core\OldValue.h(66) : see declaration of 'Upp::Value'
        d:\materiel\upp\uppsrc\core\JSON.h(209) : see reference to function template instantiation 'void Upp:
	:Jsonize<T>(Upp::JsonIO &,T &)' being compiled
        with
        [
            T=Upp::Value
        ]
        d:\materiel\upp\uppsrc\core\JSON.h(227) : see reference to function template instantiation 'void Upp:
	:JsonizeArray<Upp::Vector<T>,T>(Upp::JsonIO &,Upp::Vector<T> &)' being compiled
        with
        [
        ]
        d:\materiel\upp\uppsrc\core\JSON.h(209) : see reference to function template instantiation 'void Upp:
	:Jsonize<Upp::Value>(Upp::JsonIO &,Upp::Vector<T> &)' being compiled
        with
        [
        ]
        d:\materiel\upp\uppsrc\core\JSON.h(227) : see reference to function template instantiation 'void Upp:
	:JsonizeArray<Upp::Vector<T>,T>(Upp::JsonIO &,Upp::Vector<T> &)' being compiled
        with
        [
            T=Upp::Vector<Upp::Value>
        ]
        d:\materiel\upp\uppsrc\core\JSON.h(124) : see reference to function template instantiation 'void Upp:
	:Jsonize<Upp::Vector<T>>(Upp::JsonIO &,Upp::Vector<Upp::Vector<T>> &)' being compiled
        with
        [
        ]
        D:\Materiel\upp\uppsrc\GridCtrl\GridCtrl.cpp(8329) : see reference to function template instantiation
	 'Upp::JsonIO &Upp::JsonIO::operator ()<Upp::Vector<T>>(const char *,Upp::Vector<T> &)' being compiled
        with
        [
            T=Upp::Vector<Upp::Value>
        ]
GridDisplay.cpp
GridText.cpp
GridBase.cpp
GridSort.cpp
GridUtils.cpp
GridCtrl: 6 file(s) built in (0:41.07), 6846 msecs / file, duration = 41187 msecs

There were errors. (22:45.92)

This seems an error linked to a modification of GridCtrl.cpp (?!).

Anybody has an idea ? Perhaps Daniel could have a look to GridCtrl code ?

Thanks in advance

Biobytes

[Updated on: Tue, 29 May 2012 12:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36462 is a reply to message #36460] Tue, 29 May 2012 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
This looks like GridCtrl supports Jsonize, but you have not active "new Value" (old Value does not support Jsonize).

Try to add "SVO_VALUE" to your main package config (this should not be normally necessarry, but you can try this to isolate the problem...)
Re: Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36464 is a reply to message #36462] Tue, 29 May 2012 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Mirek,

Thank you very much for your reply. Adding SVO_VALUE to the main configuration of my project solves the compilation issue.

Please let me know when the code corresponding to Value has been changed as I did not notice this problem using U++ 4959. I think this important information should be specified for users. Perhaps it has been done and I missed it Crying or Very Sad .

Thanks again for your smart support as usual. Smile

Regards

Biobytes
Re: Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36475 is a reply to message #36464] Thu, 31 May 2012 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
BioBytes wrote on Tue, 29 May 2012 17:20

Hello Mirek,

Thank you very much for your reply. Adding SVO_VALUE to the main configuration of my project solves the compilation issue.

Please let me know when the code corresponding to Value has been changed as I did not notice this problem using U++ 4959. I think this important information should be specified for users. Perhaps it has been done and I missed it Crying or Very Sad .

Please check this:

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6661& amp;start=0&
Re: Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36476 is a reply to message #36475] Thu, 31 May 2012 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Found a problem in installation generator, should be fixed now...
Re: Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36484 is a reply to message #36476] Thu, 31 May 2012 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Mirek,

I try as soon as possible the last update

Biobytes
Re: Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36591 is a reply to message #36476] Thu, 14 June 2012 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Doesn't appear to be fixed but then there don't appear to have been any new "nightly" builds for while. Am I missing something? All the links on the downloads page appear to be out of date.

Nick
icon9.gif  Re: Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36595 is a reply to message #36591] Thu, 14 June 2012 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nick,

Yes nightly builds seem stopped on Upp 5021 for a several days I guess.

I still have some issues with new Value and some CtrlLib items.

I do not know why no update are yet posted.

Perhaps Mirek is overloaded.

Is anybody has some information about ?

Biobytes
Re: Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36598 is a reply to message #36595] Fri, 15 June 2012 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello BioBytes and Nixnixnix

The problem seems to be that the server is close to the limit of its capacity to compile uppweb.

Mirek is trying to solve this problem but of course any help is acknowledged.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36602 is a reply to message #36598] Fri, 15 June 2012 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Koldo,

Thank you for your reply and information about the nightly builds.

Which help is needed ? I should tell that my knowledge in server and web topics is unfortunately very limited Embarassed

Kind regards

Biobytes

Re: Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36603 is a reply to message #36602] Fri, 15 June 2012 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Biobytes

Thank you for your interest. As U++ web is generated by an U++ package called uppweb, all .tpp files and web is loaded in memory.

So either we buy Mirek a bigger server or we reduce uppweb package memory needs. This requires certain knowledge of this application.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36604 is a reply to message #36603] Sat, 16 June 2012 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
koldo wrote on Fri, 15 June 2012 17:25

Hello Biobytes

Thank you for your interest. As U++ web is generated by an U++ package called uppweb, all .tpp files and web is loaded in memory.

So either we buy Mirek a bigger server or we reduce uppweb package memory needs. This requires certain knowledge of this application.

Problems with nightly build are not related to website recompilation.

In fact, it was only a glitch in MakeInstall4 package... (unresolved svn conflict).
Re: Compiling issue with U++ 5010 [message #36605 is a reply to message #36604] Sat, 16 June 2012 17:10 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
Sorry Mirek. It was a misunderstood from my side.

At least from your words I understand that the problem is easier to solve Smile

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: Problem with linking against HexView on Linux
Next Topic: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:09:10 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01005 seconds