Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » 'Web/Web.h': No such file or directory
'Web/Web.h': No such file or directory [message #37403] Sun, 30 September 2012 15:16 Go to next message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
I just updated U++ from 5303 to 5393 and get the fatal error:
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Web/Web.h': No such file or directory

This is when using MSC9 or MSC10.

In this thread:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6644& amp; amp; amp;start=0&

#include <Ws2ipdef.h> and #include <Ws2tcpip.h>
addrinfo

How much of this will be included in the U++ core and what will be needed?

My socket code has been using:
#ifndef _ConnSock_ConnSock_h_
#define _ConnSock_ConnSock_h_

#include <Web/Web.h>

using namespace Upp;

Will this be addressed or should I revert back to 5303?

[Updated on: Sun, 30 September 2012 15:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 'Web/Web.h': No such file or directory [message #37404 is a reply to message #37403] Sun, 30 September 2012 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omari is currently offline  omari
Experienced Member
Hello,

most of the functionalities of the Web package are included in Core.

to adapt your code, look at the changes applied to sockets examples:

SocketClient

SocketServer

Cordially

omari.

regards
omari.
Re: 'Web/Web.h': No such file or directory [message #37405 is a reply to message #37403] Sun, 30 September 2012 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Thanks oman!
Got it to run once.

Now I get this error:
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\upp\out\MyApps\Web\MSC9.Force_Size.Gui.Mt\Web.lib'

This is my code:
#ifndef _ConnSock_ConnSock_h_
#define _ConnSock_ConnSock_h_

#include <Core/Core.h>

using namespace Upp;

bool IO;
String snd(String r, int a){
	TcpSocket s;
	if(!s.Connect("127.0.0.1", 11811)) {
	    return "x";
	}

if(IO) s.Put(r + "\n\0");
	if(a==1 && IO){
    	String st = s.GetLine();
	    return st;
	}
	return "y";
}
#endif

C:\upp\out\MyApps\Web\MSC9.Force_Size.Gui.Mt is empty.
The same for MSC10 and debug

The first time it compiled and ran it put the .exe in:
C:\upp\out\MyApps\MSC9.Debug.Debug_Full.Gui.Mt\NLNe.exe
and that seems to run OK.

Why the Web directory?
I have a java app that has a server to connect with.

edit: Even with a reboot and upp re-install it gives the same error:
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\upp\out\MyApps\Web\MSC9.Force_Size.Gui.Mt\Web.lib'

[Updated on: Sat, 22 December 2012 14:01]

Re: 'Web/Web.h': No such file or directory [message #37407 is a reply to message #37405] Sun, 30 September 2012 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
have you removed the Web package? it must be removed.

(from the upp file)

omari.

regards
omari.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 September 2012 23:37]

Re: 'Web/Web.h': No such file or directory [message #37408 is a reply to message #37407] Mon, 01 October 2012 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

Much Thanks Oman!

I didn't even think about that before.

Removed that and it links, compiles and runs OK.
Web/Web.h': No such file or directory Error still remaining [message #37442 is a reply to message #37408] Sat, 06 October 2012 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi Niel and Omari,

Updating my UPP system to U5406, I still get the following compiling error with MSC 10 (I have suppressed the web package from my project as it is not useful for it) :

BLITZ: Controls4U.cpp DrawingCanvas.cpp ActiveX.cpp IExplorerBrowser.cpp FirefoxBrowser.cpp VLCPlayer.cpp
$blitz.cpp
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U/Functions4U.h(8) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Web/Web.h
	': No such file or directory
axvlc_idl.c
SliderCtrlX.cpp
StarIndicator.cpp
Controls4U: 9 file(s) built in (0:28.14), 3126 msecs / file, duration = 28312 msecs

There were errors. (1:41.68)

The problem remains in Functions4U package. I've deleted the line <Web/Web.h> in Functions4U header file but other following errors appears:

BLITZ: Controls4U.cpp DrawingCanvas.cpp ActiveX.cpp IExplorerBrowser.cpp FirefoxBrowser.cpp VLCPlayer.cpp
$blitz.cpp
d:\materiel\upp\bazaar\functions4u\GatherTpp.h(30) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifie
	r 'header'
d:\materiel\upp\bazaar\functions4u\GatherTpp.h(30) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note:
	 C++ does not support default-int
d:\materiel\upp\bazaar\functions4u\GatherTpp.h(30) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note:
	 C++ does not support default-int
axvlc_idl.c
SliderCtrlX.cpp
StarIndicator.cpp
Controls4U: 9 file(s) built in (0:31.40), 3489 msecs / file, duration = 31516 msecs

There were errors. (1:43.25)

Suppressing <Web/Web.h> from Functions4U moves the problem to GatherTpp.h header and the problem is on line 30 ("Htmls header")

does anybody have an idea ?

Thanks a lot for help Smile

Biobytes
Re: Web/Web.h': No such file or directory Error still remaining [message #37447 is a reply to message #37442] Sun, 07 October 2012 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello,

in the file GatherTpp.h, replace the line 30:

Htmls header;

by

HttpHeader header;

omari.

regards
omari.

[Updated on: Sun, 07 October 2012 09:24]

Re: Web/Web.h': No such file or directory Error still remaining [message #37448 is a reply to message #37447] Sun, 07 October 2012 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Omari,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have replaced all Htmls by HttpHeader in GatherTpp.cpp file and the compiling process is better but I have still errors as described below starting on line 107 of the GatherTpp.cpp file where the object structure is not recognized by MSC10 :

$blitz.cpp
GatherTpp.cpp
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(107) : error C2228: left of '.BgColor' must have class/struc
	t/union
        type is ''unknown-type''
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(107) : error C2228: left of '.Width' must have class/struct/
	union
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(108) : error C2228: left of '.Attr' must have class/struct/u
	nion
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(107) : error C3861: 'HtmlPackedTable': identifier not found
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(109) : error C3861: 'HtmlLine': identifier not found
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(162) : error C2228: left of '.Width' must have class/struct/
	union
        type is ''unknown-type''
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(163) : error C2228: left of '.ColSpan' must have class/struc
	t/union
        type is ''unknown-type''
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(164) : error C2228: left of '.Width' must have class/struct/
	union
        type is ''unknown-type''
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(165) : error C2228: left of '.ColSpan' must have class/struc
	t/union
        type is ''unknown-type''
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(165) : error C2228: left of '.BgColor' must have class/struc
	t/union
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(165) : error C2228: left of '.Height' must have class/struct
	/union
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(167) : error C2228: left of '.Width' must have class/struct/
	union
        type is ''unknown-type''
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(167) : error C2228: left of '.BgColor' must have class/struc
	t/union
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(168) : error C2664: 'Upp::RoundFrame' : cannot convert param
	eter 1 from 'Upp::String' to 'Upp::HttpHeader'
        No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator canno
	t be called
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(162) : error C3861: 'HtmlPackedTable': identifier not found
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(163) : error C3861: 'HtmlLine': identifier not found
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(164) : error C3861: 'HtmlPackedTable': identifier not found
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(165) : error C3861: 'HtmlLine': identifier not found
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(166) : error C3861: 'HtmlRow': identifier not found
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(167) : error C3861: 'HtmlTCell': identifier not found
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(205) : error C2228: left of '.BgColor' must have class/struc
	t/union
        type is ''unknown-type''
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(206) : error C2228: left of '.Alink' must have class/struct/
	union
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(206) : error C2228: left of '.Link' must have class/struct/u
	nion
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(206) : error C2228: left of '.Vlink' must have class/struct/
	union
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(188) : error C3861: 'HtmlHeader': identifier not found
D:\Materiel\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\GatherTpp.cpp(208) : error C2664: 'Upp::SaveFile' : cannot convert paramet
	er 2 from 'Upp::HttpHeader' to 'const Upp::String &'
        Reason: cannot convert from 'Upp::HttpHeader' to 'const Upp::String'
        No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator canno
	t be called
Functions4U: 9 file(s) built in (0:31.39), 3487 msecs / file, duration = 31516 msecs

There were errors. (3:10.26)

Thanks in advance for help
Smile
Biobytes
Re: Web/Web.h': No such file or directory Error still remaining [message #37449 is a reply to message #37448] Sun, 07 October 2012 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
waiting to an update of Function4U, and
as a quick fix, I suggest you to remove the two files (GatherTpp.h, GatherTpp.cpp) from Function4U package. (if you do not use them in your project.)

in general, instead of add Functions4U to your project, I think it is better to copy the functions or files you interested in your package and modify them if necessary. (Functions4U has many dependencies).

regards
omari.
Re: Web/Web.h': No such file or directory Error still remaining [message #37452 is a reply to message #37449] Sun, 07 October 2012 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Thank you for your last message. The problem comes effectively from GatherTpp.cpp and h files. I solved the compilation problem by discarding the 2 previous files as they are not necessary in my project.

I will wait for an update but do you know if Mirek is aware of this issue ? If not it should be nice to post for his information.

Regards
Biobytes
Re: Web/Web.h': No such file or directory Error still remaining [message #37453 is a reply to message #37452] Sun, 07 October 2012 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hopefully fixed.

Mirek
icon7.gif  Re: Web/Web.h': No such file or directory Error still remaining [message #37455 is a reply to message #37453] Sun, 07 October 2012 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot Mirek,

I will update my system with next nightly build

Biobytes
Re: Web/Web.h': No such file or directory Error still remaining [message #37460 is a reply to message #37455] Tue, 09 October 2012 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Mirek

Now I am using Htmls class. How could I replace it without Web?

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Web/Web.h': No such file or directory Error still remaining [message #38536 is a reply to message #37460] Sat, 22 December 2012 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Yes. I am using the latest nightly build under MintLinux (Ubuntu) and Web is gone and HttpClient is gone too!

I can find one reference to HttpClient and it is in XmlRpc.h and it appears to be an oversight.

Did HttpClient just get renamed to HttpRequest?

What about Htmls? Will SysInfo and Functions4U get updated to work with the latest UPP? It would be good if Sysinfo was incorporated into main UPP out of bazaar IMO.

My project is a mess just now until this all gets sorted.

Nick

[Updated on: Sat, 22 December 2012 06:03]

Re: Web/Web.h': No such file or directory Error still remaining [message #38537 is a reply to message #38536] Sat, 22 December 2012 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
nixnixnix wrote on Fri, 21 December 2012 23:57

Yes. I am using the latest nightly build under MintLinux (Ubuntu) and Web is gone and HttpClient is gone too!

I have just checked lastest and it is there - in the end, I put it back, just marked it as obsolete in package description.

Quote:

Did HttpClient just get renamed to HttpRequest?

Well, the whole Web was somewhat outdated, especially socket encapsulation was sort of mess. So last year I have refactored Socket as TcpSocket in Core and then naturally I had to refactor HttpClient as HttpRequest. In the end, HttpRequest is much more powerfull, resolving issues that HttpClient had no clue about (like redirection with storing cookies), adding streaming interface etc, etc.. That is the story of Web.

Quote:

My project is a mess just now until this all gets sorted.

I think that you should go with Core for web related things now...

Htmls was canceled as it does not seem to bring the kind of advantage we thought it would. I guess that in case of HTML, going with raw text is as good as any abstraction.

Mirek
Re: 'Web/Web.h': No such file or directory [message #38542 is a reply to message #37403] Sat, 22 December 2012 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mirek,

It was Linux that I was having trouble with. Web does not appear to be available in Linux.

I took your advice and updated HttpClient to HttpRequest. However, I get the following error

socket(720) / StartSSL: Missing SSL support (Core/SSL)

when submitting a request like the following

[actually will pm you an example as dont want bots pinging my licence server]

which is what I need in order to get my licencing working. I have tried activating SSL using SSL() but same result.

Any ideas?

Nick

p.s. my point about including sysinfo in core is that then we could use it without having to worry about Functions4U becoming incompatible as it does from time to time.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 December 2012 20:38]

Re: 'Web/Web.h': No such file or directory [message #38543 is a reply to message #38542] Sat, 22 December 2012 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Nick,

Adding Core/SSL package should fix the problem with SSL. It is optional dependency, so you have to do it manually now.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: 'Web/Web.h': No such file or directory [message #38546 is a reply to message #38543] Sun, 23 December 2012 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. That did the trick. I also deleted the GatherTpp.h and cpp files to get sysinfo working.

Cheers,

Nick
Re: 'Web/Web.h': No such file or directory [message #38592 is a reply to message #38546] Wed, 26 December 2012 12:26 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Nick

I have just removed all references to Web in SysInfo and Functions4U.

They will be uploaded on 2012 Smile

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: Witz and Skylark weird behaviour (possibly a bug)
Next Topic: TcpSocket issues on XP but not on Win7?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:42:23 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01313 seconds