FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » [HttpRequest] undefined identifier
[HttpRequest] undefined identifier [message #37488] Wed, 10 October 2012 22:22 Go to next message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
I am new to U++ but I already understand many of the basic things. Now I am working on a class that retrieves a webpage. I followed multiple examples, which all ofcourse use HttpRequest. Whatever I do, I always get the error that HttpRequest is an undeclared identifier. I searched my uppsrc directory for a header file, but it doesn't even seem to have that one. What is wrong here? I have the latest stable build of U++. Everything I use is working so far, except for this...

#include "Imdb.h"

#include <Core/Core.h>

using namespace Upp;

bool ImdbManager::GetPage(const char *pUrl)
{
	HttpRequest mHttpRequest; // error C2065: 'HttpRequest' : undeclared identifier
	return true;
}

What am I doing wrong?

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2012 22:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [HttpRequest] undefined identifier [message #37491 is a reply to message #37488] Thu, 11 October 2012 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Hello, crydev!
From the first glance everything seems to be OK.

Did you update your U++ sources from SVN? If yes, please try to move #include "Imdb.h" AFTER #include <Core/Core.h>

If this doesn't help, something is wrong in the code beyond the piece you pasted. So you'll have to upload your project here as archive and I'll look.
Re: [HttpRequest] undefined identifier [message #37494 is a reply to message #37488] Thu, 11 October 2012 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi crydev,

As Pavel said, this seems like you are using older version of code. My guess: Are you using the stable release (4193)? If so, it would explain everything, since HttpRequest is newer than this release Wink

Best regards,
Honza
Re: [HttpRequest] undefined identifier [message #37497 is a reply to message #37494] Thu, 11 October 2012 10:38 Go to previous message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
Thanks for your responses! Well I found out some details by trial and error. After I included <Web/Web.h> the HttpRequest class worked. However, every function used in the examples resulted in an error from the compiler. I now used an HttpClient which does work.

I will try to update my code if I cannot get my program working with this way.
Previous Topic: ArrayCtrl - convert String
Next Topic: edit field in sub menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:49:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02013 seconds