Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » Proposal: set HttpRequest::MaxContentSize(int64)
Proposal: set HttpRequest::MaxContentSize(int64) [message #37819] Wed, 14 November 2012 23:52 Go to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

I'm writing some web downloading utility which handles partial downloading of disk images from Web through Http. And it looks like the size of downloaded data may easily overcome INT_MAX (which is 2GB). I guess others may meet this problem too in the future.

So I propose changing HttpRequest::max_content_size from int to int64 (also changing HttpRequest::MaxContentSize() argument to int64) to be able to handle bigger data chunks.
Re: Proposal: set HttpRequest::MaxContentSize(int64) [message #37879 is a reply to message #37819] Mon, 19 November 2012 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, after some thinking, I have instead made MaxContentSize apply only in case that data are stored in Http.

When using WhenContent, the size of content is not limited by Http.

I guess that at >2GB, you would not want to have it stored in memory anyway....

Mirek
Re: Proposal: set HttpRequest::MaxContentSize(int64) [message #37887 is a reply to message #37879] Tue, 20 November 2012 01:10 Go to previous message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Thank you!
Tested, works like a charm. Smile
Previous Topic: TcpSocket Tutorials exist?
Next Topic: How to close a Thread?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:25:41 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00922 seconds