Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » [FEATURE REQUEST] Horizontal Scrollbar for Console and Source Filename Sorting
[FEATURE REQUEST] Horizontal Scrollbar for Console and Source Filename Sorting [message #37885] Mon, 19 November 2012 23:30 Go to next message
navi is currently offline  navi
Experienced Member
Not sure if they already exist but I cant find them.

I think a Horizontal Scrollbar is needed for long lines debug texts in console screen. there is a option to wrap text but would much prefer the scrollbar instead. As keeping the like intact seems to lot easier to follow error messages.

Second request is a "Sorting" ability for the source files list panel. If like a normal file browser, if we could sort the files by alphabetically, by type (.h, .cpp etc), by creation date and etc, it would be much easier to locate file in large package like "Core". I understand there is a "File Search" function in Edit menu. but "Sorting" ability will just make like easier.

Thanks & Regards

Navi

index.php?t=getfile&id=3930&private=0
  • Attachment: theIDE1.png
    (Size: 166.88KB, Downloaded 477 times)
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Horizontal Scrollbar for Console and Source Filename Sorting [message #37889 is a reply to message #37885] Tue, 20 November 2012 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Just remember one more. A button for "Compile & Execute" next to the Rebuild All and Compile button on the toolbar would be so handy!! Compile and Execute option already exist under debug menu and Ctrl+F5 shortcut but a button a button on the toolbar would be perfect for 1 click. Very Happy

Thanks & Regards

Navi
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Horizontal Scrollbar for Console and Source Filename Sorting [message #37890 is a reply to message #37889] Tue, 20 November 2012 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Navi

I have the same opinion.

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Horizontal Scrollbar for Console and Source Filename Sorting [message #37959 is a reply to message #37885] Sat, 24 November 2012 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
One More: In np++ there is an option of Ctrl+D to duplicate current line or duplicate the current selection of texts. In programming many are the times when the content of the current line are very simar to the next line. Just see the codes in screen caps above. in that sort of times it is lot easier to do a Ctrl+D and making the minor changes then to rewrite the entire line. A single shortcut Ctrl+D is much quicker and easier then doing a Ctrl+C, Enter, Ctrl+V. But unfortunately I could not find anything in the TheIDE shortcut key list. if it does not already exist, then it is the next item on my FEATURE REQUEST wishlist!

thanks & regards
navi
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Horizontal Scrollbar for Console and Source Filename Sorting [message #38449 is a reply to message #37889] Tue, 18 December 2012 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
navi wrote on Tue, 20 November 2012 05:16

Just remember one more. A button for "Compile & Execute" next to the Rebuild All and Compile button on the toolbar would be so handy!! Compile and Execute option already exist under debug menu and Ctrl+F5 shortcut but a button a button on the toolbar would be perfect for 1 click. Very Happy

Thanks & Regards

Navi

I figured out a way to bring the "Compile & Excute" button on theIDE toolbar. Screen caps attached shows the codes that I changed. I guess theIDE always had the button on the toolbar except with a condition to only show if debugger installed. So I got rid of the condition and voila! the button appears!

index.php?t=getfile&id=3986&private=0
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Horizontal Scrollbar for Console and Source Filename Sorting [message #38933 is a reply to message #37885] Mon, 28 January 2013 10:28 Go to previous message
slashupp is currently offline  slashupp
Experienced Member

Quote:

Second request is a "Sorting" ability for the source files list panel.

This would be seriously my favorite thing to have ...
Previous Topic: [SOLVED in SVN231] BUG in svn229 - Uvs2 2538
Next Topic: theide/upp Errors [SOLVED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:53:32 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02242 seconds