Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » Fixed some Dutch translations
Fixed some Dutch translations [message #38268] Sat, 08 December 2012 18:01 Go to next message
Alboni is currently offline  Alboni
Experienced Member
Hello, I fixed some (loads of) language errors, added some missing translations and set the date format right in the Dutch translations.
Since I am running on a Dutch windows version I also took the liberty of changing the translation of standard buttons such as cancel and save to match the ones found in windows programs.

Here they are:

[Updated on: Sat, 08 December 2012 18:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #38301 is a reply to message #38268] Sun, 09 December 2012 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Thanks, applied
Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #40537 is a reply to message #38268] Sun, 11 August 2013 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wimpie is currently offline  wimpie
Great job Alboni, there were some weird translations in the latest stable release (5485) I wanted to fix but then I downloaded latest nightly (6240) and saw most of it was already done... Smile

Now I did the latest missing translations and a few minor modifications.

One question though. I noticed that when testing with UWord with this translation, words like "kopiëren" becomes "kopin" and "Spatiëring" becomes "Spating"
What could be the reason for that?
Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #40538 is a reply to message #38268] Sun, 11 August 2013 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thanks Smile

I just did a little test with UWord, but it looked correct on my pc, so I assume you're talking about your altered file. It is important that you use only UTF-8 as a characterset when dealing with the translations. If you edited the translations with anything other than TheIde there is a chance you're using a different characterset wich might garble anything non-ascii when used in Upp, even if it looks right in the external editor.

You caught some pretty daft mistakes there. Good work. We should merge my later version in.

One thing puzzles me: if I do an export with the latest upp, I'm not getting all those new strings that are in your file. Also can't import your file. Did you export AllForI18n?

[Updated on: Sun, 11 August 2013 04:36]

Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #40541 is a reply to message #38268] Sun, 11 August 2013 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only worked with TheIde, exported from AllForI18n as prescribed and imported again. Then compiled UWord and noticed the strange things.
I think it happens at run-time because when I let UWord export the .tr all the texts in there are ok.
Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #40558 is a reply to message #38268] Tue, 13 August 2013 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah well. Just tried on another machine with an unmodified 5990 release.

Like I did earlier, changed the SetLanguage in UWord from "LNG_ENGLISH" to "GetSystemLNG()"
Now the translation for "Copy" is "Kopin" where is should be "Kopiëren".
This is what happened before. but now I had the bright idea to change SetLanguage to "LNG_('N', 'L', 'N', 'L')"
Now the translation turns out correct.
Is this a bug? maybe I should post this somewhere else.

I 'DUMPED' the following:
LNG_ENGLISH = 178867
GetSystemLNG() = 18297292
LNG_('N', 'L', 'N', 'L') = 471500

I am running Windows XP in dutch.

addition (after looking at GetSystemLNG()):
GetUserLocale(LOCALE_SISO639LANGNAME) = nl
GetUserLocale(LOCALE_SISO3166CTRYNAME) = NL
LNGFromText(GetUserLocale(LOCALE_SISO639LANGNAME) + GetUserLocale(LOCALE_SISO3166CTRYNAME)) = 471500
GetUserLocale(LOCALE_IDEFAULTANSICODEPAGE) = 1252

[Updated on: Tue, 13 August 2013 01:56]

Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #40561 is a reply to message #38268] Tue, 13 August 2013 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Also Dutch XP here, and I have the same findings with GetSystemLNG(). I also tried it with my app and I get all the normal dutch stuff except the dutch version of Copy. But when using LNGFromText("NL-NL") or "nl-NL" all is well.
Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #40563 is a reply to message #38268] Thu, 15 August 2013 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to GetSystemLNG(), It has something to do with the codepage, when it's between 1250 and 1258 it does this:
lang = SetLNGCharset(lang, CHARSET_WIN1250 + cs - 1250);
which would create that weird number I posted above.
But what it means and/or if it is correct I don't know.
Maybe it is, and the stuff where the translations happens goes wrong. But I have not dived that deep yet.
Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #40564 is a reply to message #38268] Thu, 15 August 2013 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
It simply *MUST* be a bug in GetSystemLNG(), otherwise using GetSystemLNG() would have the same result as directly setting the language. The codepage stuff you found sounds like a good candidate to me.
Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #40566 is a reply to message #38268] Fri, 16 August 2013 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure about that.
I followed t_() to t_GetLngString_() (Core/t.cpp) and put in a few DUMP's. see attached screenshot (viewed with total commander).
It looks to me the translations are correct ("r->text" being translated UTF8 and "text" being the converted result).
But that would mean there's something wrong with putting the text on screen.

Well, maybe for another day. At least I learned a thing or two more about U++ Wink

Edit: oh, and looking at the screenshot. "justify" should translate as "uitvullen". "rechtvaardig" is straight from google translate I guess;)

[Updated on: Fri, 16 August 2013 03:00]

Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #40569 is a reply to message #38268] Fri, 16 August 2013 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Still looks like an encodig issue.

I didn't touch translations where I wasn't quite sure of the context. 'Rechtvaardig' is quite silly indeed. Smile

Ow, could you apply this change? I'm using it in my programs and it works really well in dialogs.

"Null value not allowed.",
	"Dit veld mag niet leeg zijn.";

Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #40572 is a reply to message #38268] Sat, 17 August 2013 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it seems indeed an encoding issue.

it seems, t_() returns a valid translated string in current encoding (codepage) but after that it still gets treated as UTF-8 which is wrong.

when I changed this in UWord:
//SetDefaultCharset(CHARSET_UTF8);
SetDefaultCharset(GetLNGCharset(GetCurrentLanguage()));

(with SetLanguage(GetSystemLNG()) still applied)

everything is normal again.

I don't know if this is the intended behaviour.
Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #40573 is a reply to message #38268] Sat, 17 August 2013 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And an updated translation... (against nightly 6243)

Please test it Smile

edit: I had to add NL-NL manualy to section TabBar before those translations would import.
Re: Fixed some Dutch translations [message #40681 is a reply to message #40573] Sun, 01 September 2013 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Applied, thanks.

Mirek
Updated Dutch translations [message #54758 is a reply to message #38268] Mon, 07 September 2020 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's been a while... noticed my name was still mentioned somewhere Cool
So here some updated Dutch translations...

Enjoy Smile
Re: Updated Dutch translations [message #54879 is a reply to message #54758] Wed, 23 September 2020 17:45 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Thank you, applied.
Previous Topic: theide comments Spellchecking in Russian under linux
Next Topic: Hungarian translation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:14:33 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01480 seconds