Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » How valuable is a C++ programmer where you live?
How valuable is a C++ programmer where you live? [message #38472] Wed, 19 December 2012 18:05 Go to next message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
How much money does a C++ programmer make in the place you live and how many job opportunities are there?

I'm interested in knowing how it compares to Java or .NET (which seem to be the most offers).

Anyone who use C++ professionally please answer.

Thanks
Re: How valuable is a C++ programmer where you live? [message #38473 is a reply to message #38472] Wed, 19 December 2012 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi lectus,

It is not simple to answer simply Smile It depends a lot on the company and on the person. I'd say the range here in Czech republic is anything from ~1000€/month for junior C++ programmers to ~4000€/month for skilled seniors. It's not bad money, especially when you take in account how cheap our beer is Very Happy

As far as I know, it tends to be little more then Java programmers get, since C++ coders are harder to find these days. There are still companies that are hiring on C++ positions, but it is not simple to find pure C++ job. I was hired as C++/Python developer, but I have to use Java regularly too (and have bad dreams afterwards Smile ).

Honza
Re: How valuable is a C++ programmer where you live? [message #38496 is a reply to message #38473] Thu, 20 December 2012 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerson is currently offline  jerson
Experienced Member

A good way to guage the market rates is to look up places such as freelancer, elance, guru which post work on a project basis.
Re: How valuable is a C++ programmer where you live? [message #38835 is a reply to message #38472] Tue, 22 January 2013 12:34 Go to previous message
phyllisofox is currently offline  phyllisofox
To put up in simple words the opportunities for a C++ programmer are infinite if placed at the right firm. C and C++ are the basic languages forming the base for application driving needs.
Previous Topic: Comparing U++ and Lazarus (FPC)
Next Topic: webcam and motion detection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:42:06 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01474 seconds