Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » OpenCV
OpenCV [message #39061] Mon, 11 February 2013 23:08 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Two days ago I fighted with OpenCV 2.2 on Windows and at the end I gave up. I used the Koldo's upp package and I was able to run simple demo and activate my cam. But when I wanted to run the example in the opencv SAMPLE directory nothing worked.

Yesterday I moved to SimpleCV. After downloading several times the package and reading manuals and tutorials even stupid demo didn't want to work.

Today I've installed a fresh lubuntu 12.10. Tried with OpenCV 2.4.3 and installed million libraries to avoid the complain of compiler. Again no luck. Some useless demo works but most hang without reason (my cam is a Logitech 9000 that works under windows and linux as well).

I am not an expert but neither a complete newcomer. The OpenCV installation seems a very hard task and the instructions does not spend too much words about it. I wonder if somebody was able to use Upp+OpenCV2.4 under linux/windows and set correctly the build methods (PATH/INCLUDE/LIB directories) or package lib flag to let it to work, i.e. to compile the sample example.

Many thanks,
Luigi

Re: OpenCV [message #39070 is a reply to message #39061] Tue, 12 February 2013 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Forlano

I have tried the /Bazaar/OpenCV package in Windows and it works well. In fact it was designed to be a simple and safe base to work with OpenCV. I do not know what is the SAMPLE directory.

I think that based in OpenCV_Demo it is possible to do things very interesting. Could you detail the problem you found with it?

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: OpenCV [message #39072 is a reply to message #39070] Tue, 12 February 2013 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
koldo wrote on Tue, 12 February 2013 08:35

Could you detail the problem you found with it?

Thank you for the feedback.
I was studying the book "Learning Opencv Computer Vision With The Opencv Library", Gary Bradski And Adrian Kaehler , that give this exercize

<<Go to the 2. …/opencv/samples/c/ directory. Create a project or make i le and then import and build lkdemo.c (this is an example motion tracking program).
Attach a camera to your system and run the code. With the display window selected, type “r” to initialize tracking. [skip]>>

This code is absent in your package. I downloaded OpenCV2.2 and found it under C++ directory. Then I compiled it and this is the message:
Linking...
main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl cv::calcOpticalFlowPyrLK(class cv::Mat const &,cl
	ass cv::Mat const &,class std::vector<class cv::Point_<float>,class std::allocator<class cv::Point_<float> > > c
	onst &,class std::vector<class cv::Point_<float>,class std::allocator<class cv::Point_<float> > > &,class std::v
	ector<unsigned char,class std::allocator<unsigned char> > &,class std::vector<float,class std::allocator<float> 
	> &,class cv::Size_<int>,int,class cv::TermCriteria,double,int)" (?calcOpticalFlowPyrLK@cv@@YAXABVMat@1@0ABV?$ve
	ctor@V?$Point_@M@cv@@V?$allocator@V?$Point_@M@cv@@@std@@@std@@AAV34@AAV?$vector@EV?$allocator@E@std@@@4@AAV?$vec
	tor@MV?$allocator@M@std@@@4@V?$Size_@H@1@HVTermCriteria@1@NH@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl GuiMainFn_(
	void)" (?GuiMainFn_@@YAXXZ)
C:\upp\out\MyApps\MSC10.Gui.Sse2\opencvLkdemo.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I attach the package with the original file.

Thank you,
Luigi
Re: OpenCV [message #39079 is a reply to message #39072] Wed, 13 February 2013 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Forlano

OpenCV uses lots of libraries that have to be explicitly included and change with every version.

In our case rename all libraries to "240" and add these ones:
- opencv_video240d
- opencv_videostab240d
- vfw32
- libjasperd
- libjpegd
- libpngd
- libtiffd

Unfortunately U++ tiff support clash with "libtiffd". The dirty solution has been to remove plugin/tiff and remove some lines in Functions4U.

This way your sample runs..., although I do not know what it does.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: OpenCV [message #39085 is a reply to message #39079] Thu, 14 February 2013 05:19 Go to previous message
Senior Contributor
koldo wrote on Wed, 13 February 2013 14:34

Hello Forlano

OpenCV uses lots of libraries that have to be explicitly included and change with every version.

In our case rename all libraries to "240" and add these ones:
- opencv_video240d
- opencv_videostab240d
- vfw32
- libjasperd
- libjpegd
- libpngd
- libtiffd

Unfortunately U++ tiff support clash with "libtiffd". The dirty solution has been to remove plugin/tiff and remove some lines in Functions4U.

This way your sample runs..., although I do not know what it does.

Thank you very much. I'll try very soon your suggestion.
Luigi
Previous Topic: syntex highlighting upp-svn source files.
Next Topic: MSVC and code size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:02:30 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01566 seconds